Introducing WiiM Amp Pro

Good thought; just wrong.
Bill is just a guy who would buy a Wiim Amp Pro in an instant, if it just had AirPlay2 like the original Amp does.
...Moving on
You do realize that the "culprit" leading to the missing functionality that your cult demands is, almost certainly, the deity: Apple itself?
Its not like Wiim doesn't know how to implement Airplay (they've obviously done it in the past) or that the product lacks necessary hardware. Or that Wiim marketing mistakenly thought that there wasn't customer demand for the feature. The only plausible explanation is Apple being unfriendly (to put it mildly) in licensing Airplay.
So perhaps go spend your time and effort in some Apple forums complaining about their perpetually closed ecosystem and monopolistic overreach in their IP enforcement.

This time I won't quote double-post-bill, but I didn't change my mind about him.

Has it been on sale in the US? I thought it was just seen in the UK Amazon Store
Now that you mention it I'm no longer sure. I thought so, but I could be wrong. :)

Review in ASR, for those of you who like that type of thing ;)

Review in ASR, for those of you who like that type of thing ;)

Overall very positive it seems... Looking forward to his Ultra review.

To clarify, the minimum supported impedance for both products is 2.67 ohms, providing some flexibility for speakers with loads below 4 ohms. We’ll update the specs to include this information, which should help address any questions regarding supported loads.
important to know and very useful...
2.67ohms...

allows you to take precautions....

thank you

You do realize that the "culprit" leading to the missing functionality that your cult demands is, almost certainly, the deity: Apple itself?
Its not like Wiim doesn't know how to implement Airplay (they've obviously done it in the past) or that the product lacks necessary hardware. Or that Wiim marketing mistakenly thought that there wasn't customer demand for the feature. The only plausible explanation is Apple being unfriendly (to put it mildly) in licensing Airplay.
So perhaps go spend your time and effort in some Apple forums complaining about their perpetually closed ecosystem and monopolistic overreach in their IP enforcement.
Swing and a miss...

Does anyone know when the Pro will be available in the UK and what price?

Also do we expect the regular Wiim Amp to be discounted? (I see it has been as low as about £240 in the past, for example on Prime deal days.)

Does anyone know when the Pro will be available in the UK and what price?

Also do we expect the regular Wiim Amp to be discounted? (I see it has been as low as about £240 in the past, for example on Prime deal days.)
WiiM have already stated in the first post that it will be released next month outside the USA, but on past experience I’d say it’s more likely to be in November. Pricewise, I’d guess between £379-£399, but WiiM haven’t given any indication. While the Amp has been discounted in the past, it doesn’t follow that the release of the Amp Pro will drive a price drop of the original one - after all, why bring out a new product then discount its predecessor, attracting people to that away from the new model?

Sorry, didn't mean to necessarily give you a hard time. But I've been in audiophile world for nearly 30 years now, I can't recall anyone thinking they could/should drive two pairs of speakers from a single pair of amplifier outputs, that's just not very smart. You'll end up damaging your amp, your speakers, or both. The only situation where that MIGHT not happen is the rare case of especially benign, high load speakers like the classic Quad ESLs or several vintage horn designs. I'm guessing those are not the speakers you're trying to use with a WiiM amp, LOL...
Deer Creek sells a Class D Hypex amp that will happily drive loads down to 2ohms.

Back