My Ultra tests

Hi @onlyoneme I just wondered what could be the source of the difference from ideal in the test above?
Just basic filtering I guess...The signal seems to be filtered a little more compared to the ultra. As long as your dac can recognize what's 1 and what's 0, you're good :)

I have the feeling that things are going round in circles here. New insights are probably not to be expected. Perhaps the thread should be closed. For the sake of world peace. 😇

I’m not sure if you’re aware, but you could always just stop reading the thread if you’re fed up with it.

I moderate a forum which discusses a particular Mediterranean island. 10,000 members.

One thing you get, over and over.

Someone posts that they had a great meal at a Chinese restaurant. Someone will reply, saying they should only be eating Greek food whilst there.

Someone else posts asking where on the island you can get John Smiths. Someone will angrily reply asking why they’re not drinking Mythos.

Someone will post asking where they’re most likely to get a sun lounger. Someone will reply saying they should lay on a towel.

Someone will post asking what the best taverna is, someone will reply telling them to find out for themselves.

Half our work as mods is just repeating the same old mantra. If you don’t like a discussion, just scroll on by. It’s amazing how many people will read all the way through a 10 page thread - every post - only to post at the start of page 11 to say how annoying they find the topic.

You can’t get fed up with something if you don’t read it.

Last edited:
I don't know. Maybe it's somehow related to clocks, worse rise/fall times can be also an effect of the LPF, but I'm just guessing.
a story of efforts or not of buffering, of care given or not to that if, of galvanic isolation or not, of type of insulation... I wasn't really on the plus or pro.... in ultra, seem do it...

There’s an interesting video on jitter here. As it’s Amir at ASR, I know some won’t be interested, but others will.

there is a difference on just a sinusoid... so imagine on very very complex musical signals...

there is a difference on just a sinusoid... so imagine on very very complex musical signals...

Or looked at another way, you’re far more likely to hear distortion listening for it on a single, simple sine wave, than when masked by complex music.

And that’s why you’ll never see a Where’s Wally puzzle with one lone Wally on an otherwise blank, white page.

You’ll rarely see a multitone test where distortion is significantly worse than single tone.

just that the distortion will be much stronger in multitones ...and understandable by expert ears...

Both show maximum distortion at just above -130dB.

Feeding complex music instead of a single tone hasn’t made much difference, if any at all.

its very very not complex.. simple... invites you to listen elsewhere....
end for me

Back