My Ultra tests

Is this the reason for selling delay ?
Extremely unlikely I’d say and entirely speculative. This won’t be the first time (and probably not the last time) that I’ll say the rollout of the Ultra is following the pattern of previous WiiM models in that the USA gets the product first, maybe even with a small first batch followed by a larger one, with the UK/EU and the rest of the world’s availability at least month or more later.

clearly you are not equipped to understand and only wave ideas that are a little simplistic... always practice this kind of shortcut... wonder why a sinad is -110.7 when announced at -115 -116 celon the sources, by wiim (value consistent with dacs of the same type chip) and which becomes consistent with the use by onlyoneme of an lpf... (which is of course totally anormal).... the ostrich policy

canard said:
clearly you are not equipped to understand and only wave ideas that are a little simplistic... always practice this kind of shortcut... wonder why a sinad is -110.7 when announced at -115 -116 celon the sources, by wiim (value consistent with dacs of the same type chip) and which becomes consistent with the use by onlyoneme of an lpf... (which is of course totally anormal).... the ostrich policy
Dude take it easy
So the coax out sucks then? Kinda the whole reason I ordered it
Who said so? Coax output turns out to be super clean compared to the Pro... Pretty much perfect. But not that it matters. Most of these measurements don't with modern DAC's.

Last edited:
Dude take it easy

Who said so? Coax output turns out to be super clean compared to the Pro... Pretty much perfect. But not that it matters. Most of these measurements don't with modern DAC's.
Depends on the DAC. Lower noise on a bitstream is always desirable.

Depends on the DAC. Lower noise on a bitstream is always desirable.
Lower is always better, not going to argue about that. It's just that we're way below a certain threshold to cause any problems for most modern DAC's really :)

Lower is always better, not going to argue about that. It's just that we're way below a certain threshold to cause any problems for most modern DAC's really :)
I use a older modified nos DAC. The first Gen Sonos connect was epic with this. I just got the ultra so some stuff remains to be seen

Cool which model? :)
Gr research DAC 60 ultra mod. Would be willing to try some new dacs if you think they are better. I tried all the usual suspects up to 4k about ten years ago but none I would justify paying the price at time

For those who has pro plus and ultra using their internal dac, is ultra superior than pro plus?

Gr research DAC 60 ultra mod. Would be willing to try some new dacs if you think they are better. I tried all the usual suspects up to 4k about ten years ago but none I would justify paying the price at time

If you trust Mike Moffat try any of Schiit Audio’s multibit dacs. They are R/2R and need to be on 24/7 for temperature stability. Start wit Modi Multibit 2 and go to the top Yggdrasil+.

Reactions: pbr
If you trust Mike Moffat try any of Schiit Audio’s multibit dacs. They are R/2R and need to be on 24/7 for temperature stability. Start wit Modi Multibit 2 and go to the top Yggdrasil+.
I have modi regular and modi multibit. Their aren’t my cup of tee both are in garage collecting cob web.

Reactions: pbr
I have modi regular and modi multibit. Their aren’t my cup of tee both are in garage collecting cob web.

I never heard anything that sounds like live music as the multibit sound. And the Absolute Sound agrees, considering Yggdrasil Product of the Year.

I never heard anything that sounds like live music as the multibit sound. And the Absolute Sound agrees, considering Yggdrasil Product of the Year.
The higher end maybe delivering the performance but their entry multibit to my ear left so much to desire depending music genre. Rock, rap multibit will excite in sound but in clarinet where sharp and fast transient fall short. It just lack the sparkle.

Interesting. I can see the top of the line being it but would be perplexed if any of the others do. Who knows it's been a long time

Back