My Ultra tests

the need for lpf is of course not normal...
That's the conclusion which makes me a bit nervous, as I do not know what to think about it. You would use an LPF by default when measuring some class D amps...
But on the other hand I think that this is the impact of the PSU, which is placed on the same PCB as analog outputs, and it could be reduced.

That's the conclusion which makes me a bit nervous, as I do not know what to think about it. You would use an LPF by default when measuring some class D amps...
But on the other hand I think that this is the impact of the PSU, which is placed on the same PCB as analog outputs, and it could be reduced.
But the measurements 20-20000 Hz are really good without LPF , better than most streamers below 700 dollars ?

You have to compare with the competition, like bluesound and Sonos - their measures look like a horror show .
The new Ultra with its internal powersupply measures about the same as a Linn klimax katalyst = We should be happy , or…..?
you take the raw figures...
it just shows that there is a serious power problem otherwise in fact the data would correspond to this old generation of ess...
it is even more obvious than what we had known with the plus. .. and joins in less serious the history of amp...
the rest of the diagrams around these of which ess etc otherwise very well known brands like ess akm provide ready-made diagrams...seriously done..) but the problems of power supply require certain care...
I put myself in the place of onlyoneme.. not for him to point this out...
:confused:

Last edited:
Is this LPF something one can buy and put infront of the Ultra ?
How much is the cost ?
10 USD or so. I've made one for myself but the current one, which is best suited for Cosmos, was designed by the Cosmos constructor and made by one of the users on Cosmos discord.
But I don't think it's really needed in real life scenarios.

Maybe. But the Pro Plus wins in some categories like sinad when no LPF is used for the Ultra.
It seems like the digital part of the ultra might be slightly better than the pro and pro+ ( better shape in the waveform from electrical spdif out and 192 KHz ) .

It will be very interesting for me to se if the digital preamp with volume regulation is even better overall in the Ultra than the pro+.

It seems like the digital part of the ultra might be slightly better than the pro and pro+ ( better shape in the waveform from electrical spdif out and 192 KHz ) .

It will be very interesting for me to se if the digital preamp with volume regulation is even better overall in the Ultra than the pro+.

And the Pro Plus is already transparent.

So we live in the world of the transparent but audibly different devices.

Except we don’t.

Every scientific controlled test shows that transparent is transparent.

If you disagree, the onus is on you to produce equally valid data from blind, controlled tests.

I prefer to call it moderation and I saw how it got out of hand on ASR. It’s neither entertaining nor instructive.

Back