My Ultra tests

that's already it... ;-)

Are you referring to the Ultra screen?
The result is the same whether it is on or off.🙂

View attachment 9061

If I stick my ear to the top panel, I will not hear any switching noises.

(we gradually discover the beta testers of the forum who seem to have been bound to secrecy..hihi (onlyoneme it's different... what he achieves requires quite a bit effort, rigor, and writing time...and the "heavy" personal problems to manage...)

let's wait for the rest of the returns from onlyoneme
;-)

that's already it... ;-)

(we gradually discover the beta testers of the forum who seem to have been bound to secrecy..hihi (onlyoneme it's different... what he achieves requires quite a bit effort, rigor, and writing time...and the "heavy" personal problems to manage...)
Rest assured the beta testers all put in a lot of time and effort ;)

Rest assured the beta testers all put in a lot of time and effort ;)
in the case of onlyoneme..it is much more annoying...

because nothing to the extent that problems have been diagnosed, obvious margin of progress, etc., very rapid developments in the PCB, see feedback in the case of the amp..

that it does concerning the audio hardware etc in particular-enthusiast cannot be carried out by wiim or the production lines in amon, see in quality control. .. these measurement protocols are known to be affordable...

following the adventures of near wiim since the beginning of 2022 and owning two of their products.. I allow myself to express it ;-)

Last edited:
@canard,
When I flipped the device over and put my ear close to the bottom, I thought I could hear a slight noise under the screen. When I put the microphone closer, I see 2.3 kHz responding.

I am not sure if this is the problem. The sound I hear is very slight.

I am a scullery maid, so this is as far as I can go.😂

in the case of onlyoneme..it is much more annoying...

because nothing to the extent that problems have been diagnosed, obvious margin of progress, etc., very rapid developments in the PCB, see feedback in the case of the amp..

that it does concerning the audio hardware etc in particular-enthusiast cannot be carried out by wiim or the production lines in amon, see in quality control. .. these measurement protocols are known to be affordable...

following the adventures of near wiim since the beginning of 2022 and owning two of their products.. I allow myself to express it ;-)
Yeah, but I see little point in raking over the coals with past products and would rather focus on what’s in front of us now. I’m sure if @onlyoneme or anyone else discovers any issues not identified earlier, we’ll hear about them soon enough.

Yeah, but I see little point in raking over the coals with past products and would rather focus on what’s in front of us now. I’m sure if @onlyoneme or anyone else discovers any issues not identified earlier, we’ll hear about them soon enough.
onlyonme has started to enrich its first post...

bye

At first I thought that the measurement result wasnt as good as I expected, then I saw the scale and its better than the pro + in some cases, meaning its a better measurement result than most streamers, including bluesound and Linn klimax dsm II. Maybe even better than eversolo a6.

Onlyoneme- Maybe its impossible to have sinad better than 120 dB when having the SMPS inside the cabinet ?

I've added 2 sinad graphs for you.
Ok - I can se that with the internal powersupply in the ultra its SNR 111 dB and THD+N is 110,7 dB.

To put that in context - A highend player, Linn klimax DSM 2 player ( with katalyst ) is 113 SNR and 105 THD+N and in this case the SMPS is shielded.

IMG_0923.png

Last edited:
Ok - I can se that with the internal powersupply in the ultra its SNR is 111 dB . With LPF its 116 dB , so a bit from absolute perfection.

To put that in context - A Linn klimax DS player ( second generation ) is 113 dB SNR and in this case the SMPS is shielded.

View attachment 9070

That's what I can get from Victor's oscillator, which is quite noisy so limits THD+N result a bit, and with my current THD compensation for the ADC:

1720977937447.png

And the residual noise of the duo Scaler + ADC with +7 dB gain which I used above:

1720978063136.png

the need for lpf is of course not normal...
you informed wiim I imagine...
(otherwise the behavior would seem in the classic data of this old generation of ess (from memory 2018)...(on the other hand I fear the famous "ess hump"...))

A quick question for those with an Ultra.

How warm does it get?

I’m thinking of stacking a Topping PA5 ii on top, and I like to protect my amps from heat as much as possible.

Many thanks.

On a slightly warm room (80F) the top of the Ultra reads 91F.

the need for lpf is of course not normal...
You have to compare with the competition, like bluesound and Sonos - their measures look like a horror show .
The new Ultra with its internal powersupply measures about the same as a Linn klimax katalyst = We should be happy , or…..?

Back