Possibility to apply both (room correction) PEQ and GEQ

DamagedGoods

I use the the room correction feature with a flat target curve. Sometimes I’d like a little bass lift or “loudness” when listening at low volume or a thin sounding recording.

It would be great having the possibility to apply any of the predefined (or custom) GEQ profiles on top of a saved auto correction EQ, instead of having to edit the saved PEQ which is a bit cumbersome.

Also, who’s downvoting most feature requests almost as soon as they appear (if it’s not a forum default to start at -1) and why? If you don’t think it’s a good idea then it’d be informative if you said why.

Same here, but Room correction on my pixel phone just looks wrong, but I appreciate wiim trying to do something a lot asked for especially in the UK where apple phones are the minority,a nigh on impossible task given the variety of android devices , here's my results LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241020-175454.png
    Screenshot_20241020-175454.png
    632.8 KB · Views: 17
Same here, but Room correction on my pixel phone just looks wrong, but I appreciate wiim trying to do something a lot asked for especially in the UK where apple phones are the minority,a nigh on impossible task given the variety of android devices , here's my results LOL
The curve might look weird if you have room mode causing your speaker to elevate frequency and wiim rc just correcting those. Compare before and after correction, was there sound improvement? If there is, ignore the graph and enjoy your music. If there are many being boosted lower the max volume to avoid clipping.

The curve might look weird if you have room mode causing your speaker to elevate frequency and wiim rc just correcting those. Compare before and after correction, was there sound improvement? If there is, ignore the graph and enjoy your music. If there are many being boosted lower the max volume to avoid clipping.
I did the Room correction at lowish volumes and I know audyssey etc recommend 75db i think,or 85 for thx, so thinking treble was recieving the power but not enough to drive bass in comparison
I'm a complete novice so only guessing, some songs sounded better, but like the post says I'd like Room correction and being able to use my equaliser settings, still have to swap my Denon receiver for my old Sony and the Denon has audyssey so we'll see, and obviously it's custom microphone, plus my qx2's go lower than nearly every other standmounts, don't know if that affects anything

I did the Room correction at lowish volumes and I know audyssey etc recommend 75db i think,or 85 for thx, so thinking treble was recieving the power but not enough to drive bass in comparison
I'm a complete novice so only guessing, some songs sounded better, but like the post says I'd like Room correction and being able to use my equaliser settings, still have to swap my Denon receiver for my old Sony and the Denon has audyssey so we'll see, and obviously it's custom microphone, plus my qx2's go lower than nearly every other standmounts, don't know if that affects anything
Guys, please ...

This is not a discussion thread about room correction. This is a feature request thread. It would be great if you could stay on topic.

Even more so since this is the most important missing feature ever! :) It's actually the request I planned posting myself again and again but never toot the time to do so. RC should definitely be separated from EQ settings. RC is for fixing room issues. Once these room issues are fixed, people should still be able to apply a from of tone control to match their mood, their personal preferences, the type of programme material, the time of the day (or rather night) or to correct for flawed recordings ... without having to give up the benefits or room correction.

For a start I could even live with just being able to apply GEQ on top of PEQ.

Is there a way to apply additional eq bands after room correction sets its 10 pre defined bands?

I have same issue on iPhone 16 so what I did instead cutting those treble was to raise the phone above my head. It flatten the treble nicely. iPhone has 3 mic but the image when you run point the bottom phone to speakers. That did not yield good result. It was erratic. I use the back phone mic where the camera and get flatter results. After said and done with sub, I get wider, deeper and large scale soundstage.

I tried six different room calibrations involving all three pre settings such as B&K, flat, ect. After one week of listening to the one I liked best I am now back to no room correction. It just isn't for me. At least not yet. Android phone with usb mic by the way.

Maybe it's just not for your room.

What do you think about applying both EQ and RC for those who have rooms that benefit from RC?

I have same issue on iPhone 16 so what I did instead cutting those treble was to raise the phone above my head. It flatten the treble nicely. iPhone has 3 mic but the image when you run point the bottom phone to speakers. That did not yield good result. It was erratic. I use the back phone mic where the camera and get flatter results. After said and done with sub, I get wider, deeper and large scale soundstage.
If there was EQ independently of RC you could just correct room issues where they are most likely to happen (below the Schroedinger frequency) and use EQ to tayler the sound to your needs.

Certainly easier than taking measurements in funny poses. ;)

If there was EQ independently of RC you could just correct room issues where they are most likely to happen (below the Schroedinger frequency) and use EQ to tayler the sound to your needs.

Certainly easier than taking measurements in funny poses. ;)
Apparently, independent eq rc did not see the light of day of release in public. There’s no information on what’s going. Me and @slartibartfast been waiting on this feature. There are so many beta that’s currently out there. Dlna cast and independent peq rc been out for long time in beta.

I tried six different room calibrations involving all three pre settings such as B&K, flat, ect. After one week of listening to the one I liked best I am now back to no room correction. It just isn't for me. At least not yet. Android phone with usb mic by the way.
When you use rc expect you will loose volume due to cut in bass and mid range on the same dial but you can offset that by turning volume louder. Our ears get fooled on loudness and it perceived better sound. I have nasty peak in region of 60, 80 and 100. Rc cut those regions to max 12. It was measured 15. So rc off, bad sound on those region.

I'm honestly not knowledgeable but even an external microphone the software needs to have a known baseline to start from and there is such a variation in microphones,wiim gave something a lot wanted but it just can't work for every android phone or microphone,, Just reverted to my own preference EQ and so much better same as you

Shame. I wouldn’t mind being able to add a band or two. Maybe add a shelf too.
There simply was no need for any number of additional bands, if RC and EQ were separated.

Let RC do what it is intended for. Apply additional EQ (with it's full power, no further limits) for whatever changes you need.

This also greatly simplified the creation of your own EQ profiles. No need to copy over any RC results and start modifying from there. If you have to do a new RC (changed speakers, changed speaker positions, new furniture, whatever ...) there's no need to also change your personal EQ settings. You just keep them and apply them on top of the new RC.

Last edited:
Back