Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Wiim remote should be starting point device since it’s their device or come up with wiim remote pro with upgraded mic.

Wiim remote should be starting point device since it’s their device or come up with wiim remote pro with upgraded mic.

The thing is, the mic in the remote was designed just to detect and understand voice control, which may well mean it’s not up to snuff for much of the frequency range between 20Hz and 20kHz.

I will try to pass some test signals and also real audio to compare results using this setup, before I go to the hospital.

Yes, it's not related to RC measurement or RC analysis. It's about how new 10 band PEQ works.

I've played some test files using the same PEQ settings as before, for Roon vs internal WiiM DSP. Unfortunately my PC had crashed so I cannot provide any graphs from REW. I will repeat it when I'm back from the hospital. All I can say is that both processing paths deliver very similar results, so WiiM 10 band PEQ seems to be well designed.
I was able to compare results for a real audio file, differences were analyzed in DeltaWave. Results of PK metric indicate that it's very unlikely to distinguish audible differences between both processing paths.

1716707902890.png

That's all for now, guys. You can wish me good luck, I would really appreciate it.

Back