Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

I've played some test files using the same PEQ settings as before, for Roon vs internal WiiM DSP. Unfortunately my PC had crashed so I cannot provide any graphs from REW. I will repeat it when I'm back from the hospital. All I can say is that both processing paths deliver very similar results, so WiiM 10 band PEQ seems to be well designed.
I was able to compare results for a real audio file, differences were analyzed in DeltaWave. Results of PK metric indicate that it's very unlikely to distinguish audible differences between both processing paths.

View attachment 7363

That's all for now, guys. You can wish me good luck, I would really appreciate it.
this presents correctly on the peq side( l/r now? ;-) ) but still remains this old subject, the appreciation of the general level to be applied to avoid saturations...
much more difficult to learn in peq than in eq mode...
cross fingers too ,we'll talk about it when you get back ;-)

Last edited:
this presents correctly on the peq side( l/r now? ;-) ) but still remains this old subject, the appreciation of the general level to be applied to avoid saturations...
much more difficult to learn in peq than in eq mode...
cross fingers too ,we'll talk about it when you get back ;-)
We don't have L/R PEQ yet. It should be available on 15th June 🤞

I've played some test files using the same PEQ settings as before, for Roon vs internal WiiM DSP. Unfortunately my PC had crashed so I cannot provide any graphs from REW. I will repeat it when I'm back from the hospital. All I can say is that both processing paths deliver very similar results, so WiiM 10 band PEQ seems to be well designed.
I was able to compare results for a real audio file, differences were analyzed in DeltaWave. Results of PK metric indicate that it's very unlikely to distinguish audible differences between both processing paths.

View attachment 7363

That's all for now, guys. You can wish me good luck, I would really appreciate it.

Best wishes for quick recovery!

View attachment 7363

I wish you well and hope you will be better soon.

View attachment 7363

Best of luck, thoughts, prayers, good vibes, aligned chakras, and various levels of psychic energy flooding your way through the ether.

All the best. Get mended soon.

Don't forget to take a pen and correctly mark the area that needs to be operated on! There are some left-handed surgeons, and there won't be anyone to tell them "not THAT right, the OTHER right" (disclaimer: my wife is left-handed and she keeps mixing left and right, as well as up and down).

Don't forget to take a pen and correctly mark the area that needs to be operated on! There are some left-handed surgeons, and there won't be anyone to tell them "not THAT right, the OTHER right" (disclaimer: my wife is left-handed and she keeps mixing left and right, as well as up and down).
There is one scar already so the correct side is marked ;)

Do it anyway. Perhaps the guy has OCD and wants to keep things symmetrical! (disclaimer: I know I would.)

They mark how the cut will be made during the last medical rounds (not sure if it's correct phrase) before the surgery.

H Folks (and @WiiM Support ). My Pro Plus on the RC beta stream is still at 4.8.615251, is everyone in the same boat ?

There have been several non-beta updates since bringing various bug fixes, should we expect a new beta firmware with these rolled in along with RC soon ?

I don't want to jump off beta because last time I did I had to cut a ticket to get back on and I want to continue following the evolution of RC and report on my results

Back