Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Hi there,

Today I was playing a bit with REW using a Dayton Audio IMM-6C microphone to take measurements in my living room. I used a reference curve for the RC in REW and introduced the suggested values in the PEQ of the Wiim Pro Plus.

I am really happy with the results! Initially, I was surprised by how good the measurement are in my living room compared to my initial expectations based on suboptimal furniture placement and big windows. However, there were some nasty resonances in the lower frequencies but I easily corrected then with the WiiM PEQ and the sound is much more clear and pleasant now.

Once it's time for us Android users to access the RC capabilities in the Wiim devices, I would like to compare the results with the ones I have obtained with REW today.

@WiiM Team, any idea about the release date? Are you considering the use of external USB-C microphones?

Why does the beta not have the new subwoofer latency feature but the new public app does ?

Hi, it's like the beta is getting behind the main branch, so I’ve opened a ticket for getting back to the non-beta branch. They replied by saying that I would just need to go into device info and switching by clicking on firmware version. I’ve tried, and when it tries to check for an update, it doesn’t find anything (and we know that there are some newer versions of the 5252 beta). I’ve also tried to wait a few days, but nothing happened. Has anyone successfully updated to a newer version from the old beta?

Hi, it's like the beta is getting behind the main branch, so I’ve opened a ticket for getting back to the non-beta branch. They replied by saying that I would just need to go into device info and switching by clicking on firmware version. I’ve tried, and when it tries to check for an update, it doesn’t find anything (and we know that there are some newer versions of the 5252 beta). I’ve also tried to wait a few days, but nothing happened. Has anyone successfully updated to a newer version from the old beta?
Did your firmware version number say beta and did the pop up menu to revert to non beta come up? Is it after that the check for update fails?

Did your firmware version number say beta and did the pop up menu to revert to non beta come up? Is it after that the check for update fails?
I’ve clicked on the firmware version, then a pop-up comes up saying whether I wanted to stay on the beta or switch. I’ve clicked on switch and it’s started checking for an update. After a few seconds, it came up saying that I’m already on the latest version available

Attachments

• IMG_6328.png
    IMG_6328.png
    772.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_6326.jpeg
    IMG_6326.jpeg
    57.9 KB · Views: 29
I’ve clicked on the firmware version, then a pop-up comes up saying whether I wanted to stay on the beta or switch. I’ve clicked on switch and it’s started checking for an update. After a few seconds, it came up saying that I’m already on the latest version available
Maybe you need to raise another ticket to explain that. New firmware versions can take a while to rollout to the entire estate but it sounds as if you’ve already waited a few days.

Maybe you need to raise another ticket to explain that. New firmware versions can take a while to rollout to the entire estate but it sounds as if you’ve already waited a few days.
Yeah, the ticket was from Thursday, so I’m gonna raise another ticket, thanks

Yeah, the ticket was from Thursday, so I’m gonna raise another ticket, thanks
Does the firmware version still show as "(beta)" like in your second screenshot? If so, the switch didn't work and the popup should show again, when tapping the version number.

If not: New ticket. :)

Does the firmware version still show as "(beta)" like in your second screenshot? If so, the switch didn't work and the popup should show again, when tapping the version number.

If not: New ticket. :)
Yeah, it’s still showing beta, seems like something in the popup is broken and it doesn’t change where it checks for updates (I’ve tried to press it several time). Btw I’ve raised another ticket, let’s see

Update: they replied saying they removed my device from the beta, I’ve checked the app and it was automatically updated to the latest public fw, nice 😃

Last edited:
Yeah, it’s still showing beta, seems like something in the popup is broken and it doesn’t change where it checks for updates (I’ve tried to press it several time). Btw I’ve raised another ticket, let’s see

Update: they replied saying they removed my device from the beta, I’ve checked the app and it was automatically updated to the latest public fw, nice 😃
Talking of which, still no 'ews from @WiiM Team as to wether we should stay on the beta stream and expect a new firmware at some point in the future or just jump off. Nothing has moved for a couple of weeks at least now while the non-beta has got a number of bug fixes. I suppose the bulk of the team is busy getting the Ultra ready 😉

Hi there,
Sorry to bother you with this again, but has Wiim launched its room correction tool? Is it official?

to make fine adjustment, hope wiim allows two decimal places for gain...

Back