Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
on peq it is already measured...
but above all the case of peq is more complicated than in eq, given that it is possible to saturation even in negative gain... there is a "musician" thread here that deals with this subject...
a well-known subject
I know. I was referring to the general availability release of Room Correction.

Anyone still in the Room Correction Beta know if they are still working toward an Android solution??

Not sure what to think of this feature. I know I have some base mods in my room, they show up (too) and WiiM tries to correct them.
However with quite some strange results that one value e.g. 46Hz. can have more than 1 correction value. Need to test more, but initial results are not satisfing…
Also the rest of the curve shows every time a bit different (+- 3db). Tried it with my iPad Air2 and my iphone 12.
+- 30cm difference in the sweet spot can already have huge influence… 🤷🏼‍♂️

+- 30cm difference in the sweet spot can already have huge influence… 🤷🏼‍♂️
That's the typical problem of RC based on target curves, if you try to correct full range instead of just the lower frequencies.

That's the typical problem of RC based on target curves, if you try to correct full range instead of just the lower frequencies.
Which frequency range (min to max) would you think is a good start for RC?
Which "Q" is the maximum you would use?
What value would you recommend as maximum for the dB?

Questions upon questions! Maybe we should start a "How to use RC correctly" thread?

Which frequency range (min to max) would you think is a good start for RC?
Which "Q" is the maximum you would use?
What value would you recommend as maximum for the dB?

Questions upon questions! Maybe we should start a "How to use RC correctly" thread?
Just started this thread! 👍🏻🫡😉

do the room correction only available for Wiim pro plus and above? Do not see in the latest update on Wiim pro.

Last edited:
do the room correction available for only Wiim pro plus and above? Do not see in the latest update on Wiim pro.
It'll be rolled out soon to all devices except the Mini which, last I heard, WiiM were still investigating whether it could support it. I had the RC beta on both my Pro and Amp

So Room Correction has gone through beta and finally reached production and nobody thought to prevent clipping. Wow.
Hello! I think the WiiM developers need to gather the experience of other teams that professionally work with room correction (for example, Sonarworks) and release a full-fledged software product that will be available for a small additional fee, because it is hardly possible to make a good room correction for free.

Hello! I think the WiiM developers need to gather the experience of other teams that professionally work with room correction (for example, Sonarworks) and release a full-fledged software product that will be available for a small additional fee, because it is hardly possible to make a good room correction for free.
People say it works well regardless. You can generate PEQ filters by any method you like and plug them into the WiiM app.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back