Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said above, you should develop a full-fledged software for room correction; I think your customers will not mind a small additional payment.

Thus, in addition to the old players like Dirac, YPAO and others, there will be a new competitor, this is always good.
They are developing a fully fledged room correction software, just because they are not selling it as a separate product does not necessarily mean it is inferior.
If they were to sell a stand alone software product, it would need to be a PC based solution and then you would have the difficulty of applying the correction to every source.

just because they are not selling it as a separate product does not necessarily mean it is inferior.

WiiM AMP, in particular, has many bugs and shortcomings that users complain about; in terms of quality, the product is clearly inferior to “first-tier” manufacturers like Yamaha or Denon. That's why I say that you should pay more attention to improving the quality of your products.

WiiM AMP, in particular, has many bugs and shortcomings that users complain about; in terms of quality, the product is clearly inferior to “first-tier” manufacturers like Yamaha or Denon. That's why I say that you should pay more attention to improving the quality of your products.
What are these bugs and shortcomings?

I don't agree, but we were discussing room correction as a standalone product, not how Wiim products compare to 'first-tier' manufacturers.
Every review of the Wiim Amp I've seen seems to praise the build quality, software usability and feature set, the only negatives I've seen centre around a lack of power and sound quality.
You keep referring to forum members as though we are part of Wiim's development team. I don't need to improve my products, I don't produce any haha.

I don't agree, but we were discussing room correction as a standalone product, not how Wiim products compare to 'first-tier' manufacturers.
Every review of the Wiim Amp I've seen seems to praise the build quality, software usability and feature set, the only negatives I've seen centre around a lack of power and sound quality.
You keep referring to forum members as though we are part of Wiim's development team. I don't need to improve my products, I don't produce any haha.
Sound quality is the most important thing and I have no complaints in that respect.

Let me guess, you don’t have bug to say or shortcomings? I have the amp and it works as advertised. Don’t expect amp will sound same as esoteric brand but what you get is 90 percent performance of esoteric at the price of a bacon. 😂

For example, customers complained that the WiiM AMP's power output was not as good as advertised, compared to some lower-power amplifiers that actually had more headroom.

Or, for example, noise from speakers in standby mode (when there is no signal).

Read reviews on Amazon.
What’s your actual experience of WiiM products? Some early revision WiiM Amps did have an issue with humming which could be heard when nothing was playing, but that’s very old news.

For example, customers complained that the WiiM AMP's power output was not as good as advertised, compared to some lower-power amplifiers that actually had more headroom.

Or, for example, noise from speakers in standby mode (when there is no signal).

Read reviews on Amazon.
WiiM power output is as advertised. There is no noise from speakers in standby. With early PCBs there was noise from the amp itself in standby but that has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back