Room Correction Beta firmware for WiiM Pro, Pro Plus and Amp - User Testing Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first run of RC with the latest, full release firmware, seems to work using my old iPad Air. I'm not sure of the results or if there's any noticeable improvement as yet, time to have a play and fine tune it.

1000013521.jpg

Update did it with the default settings with iPhone 15 without case . I like it . The sound is balanced !
My first listen is definitely positive, given my room (vaulted ceiling, hard floor, 6m long full length patio doors and not much furniture). The two attenuations at 75Hz and 271Hz I assume must correspond to standing waves or resonances if I understand it correctly?

Last edited:
My first listen is definitely positive, given my room (vaulted ceiling, hard floor, 6m long full length patio doors and not much furniture). The two attentions at 75Hz and 271Hz I assume must correspond to standing waves or resonances if I understand it correctly?

Probably room modes because you see high q indicating precision in correction and in the lower than 300hz region

How can I see the curves?

I only can see this but I cannot see the curves I only saw them during the process. The default range I ran room correction was 400hz -4khz and b&k curve and I I had the volume fixed and 96%volume limit

Attachments

• IMG_1016.png
    IMG_1016.png
    858.8 KB · Views: 20
I know I am nitpicking and the correction is amazing, I mean nothing disturbs you in the frequency response no matter the volume the sound is nice and balanced, however I found the sound to be a "hair" more grainy. Could this be some minor distortion? If this is something it can be improved it would be perfect...

I know I am nitpicking and the correction is amazing, I mean nothing disturbs you in the frequency response no matter the volume the sound is nice and balanced, however I found the sound to be a "hair" more grainy. Could this be some minor distortion? If this is something it can be improved it would be perfect...
Did you set the range to 20 to 20khz? Was there an improvement when it was on beta?

Actually I reduced the digital volume to 90% to be -6db , so I can compensate for the highest boost of 5.8db after correction. Now probably due to not clipping, sounds crystal clear and not even a "hair" grainy. Never heard my system sound as good...

Actually I reduced the digital volume to 90% to be -6db , so I can compensate for the highest boost of 5.8db after correction. Now probably due to not clipping, sounds crystal clear and not even a "hair" grainy. Never heard my system sound as good...
Just a wish list item, but eventually gain adjustments should be automatic.

Just a wish list item, but eventually gain adjustments should be automatic.

Do you mean this setting:

IMG_0060.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back