Room correction

chleide

Is room correction only available for iphone?? Cant find in my Android app

This simply can not stand, I will never own an IPhone... why would Wiim do such a thing? Are there plans to correct this issue?

It can’t stand? In that case, stop worrying, as it’ll all be sorted very soon.

The reason for only (currently) supporting iPhone/Pad is that there’s only a small number of mics used across their various models. For android there are hundreds.

This simply can not stand, I will never own an IPhone... why would Wiim do such a thing? Are there plans to correct this issue?
According to WiiM support, beta testing of the RC for Android will begin soon.😄

Setup the RC via iPhone with WiiM Pro, so a few questions about when it's in "actual use."

Obviously, when you are using the WiiM app on an iPhone or iPad for a service like Qobuz or similar, it's active in that setup.

My question is what about when you are using a desktop MAC OS and running the Qobuz application via Chromecast?

Does that run from the Qobuz servers and go through the WiiM Pro utilizing the RC setup as Chromecast is active on the Qobuz application on the MAC OS desktop?

Obtaining EQ settings with the WiiM RC is a terrific entry into a typically expensive and technical arena. Thanks everyone!

Setup the RC via iPhone with WiiM Pro, so a few questions about when it's in "actual use."

Obviously, when you are using the WiiM app on an iPhone or iPad for a service like Qobuz or similar, it's active in that setup.

My question is what about when you are using a desktop MAC OS and running the Qobuz application via Chromecast?

Does that run from the Qobuz servers and go through the WiiM Pro utilizing the RC setup as Chromecast is active on the Qobuz application on the MAC OS desktop?

Obtaining EQ settings with the WiiM RC is a terrific entry into a typically expensive and technical arena. Thanks everyone!
Not sure I totally got your question, but WiiM room correction "just" generates a specific PEQ preset. It's stored on the WiiM device, not in the app. It's independent of the source in use. So, yes, once you set up RC it will work, no matter what device you use to play music on your WiiM.

There are good technical reasons to start with Apple devices.

As @Wiimer already pointed out, Android devices will be supported later on, but will most probably require an external mic.

Hint: That's exactly why they started with Apple phones. Fewer variations between microphones and reliable internal calibration.

Hi,

We just posted this beta test form for Android users who want to test Room Correction.

If you're interested, please sign up!

Requirement is at minimum: Android device, WiiM Pro/WiiM Pro Plus/WiiM Amp or WiiM Ultra.

Please provide feedback on that thread.

Best,
WiiM Team

Not sure I totally got your question, but WiiM room correction "just" generates a specific PEQ preset. It's stored on the WiiM device, not in the app. It's independent of the source in use. So, yes, once you set up RC it will work, no matter what device you use to play music on your WiiM.

You got it. I was looking to confirm how the settings interact in different scenarios and you confirmed it.
Chromecast whether on a handheld or desktop computer is going to interface with the EQ settings on the WiiM device after RC setup. Thanks!

Is room correction only available for iphone?? Cant find in my Android app
Simply I feel I don't need that option cause I will become crazy...
My room sounds perfect the way It is. I feel that option will add an extra background equalization. I won't admit that anyway. I just the very subtle wiiim pro plus filters. (the super slow filter one) and my tannoy speakers has a roll off and energy (treble) level. I feel I don't need anymore. Greetings

Since I'm very pleased with the sound of my set up I'm a little hesitant for using room correction..
Will I be pleased with that results? So you can listen to room correction results or listen to the amp on without rc?
What are your experiences?
I think it's great Wiim offers this..
What about the subwoofer?
Can I use the internal mic of my phone or will you have to have a more professional mic?
Thanks in advance for your help?

Since I'm very pleased with the sound of my set up I'm al little hesitant for using room correction..
Will I be pleased with that results? So you can listen to room correction results or listen to the amp on without rc?
What are your experiences?
I think it's great Wiim offers this..
What about the subwoofer?
Can I use the internal mic of my phone or will you have to have a more professional mic?
Thanks in advance for your help?
There's no need to be hesitant, just give it a try, you can always switch it off if you don't notice any improvements. Certainly in my case and now with a subwoofer integrated the results are good, especially in the lower registers.

There's no need to be hesitant, just give it a try, you can always switch it off if you don't notice any improvements. Certainly in my case and now with a subwoofer integrated the results are good, especially in the lower registers.
Thanks very much for the help.
I will try it. It's just great Wiim has added this excellent feature.😊👍
So it also corrects the sub output? .. haven't any clue how this works..

Thanks very much for the help.
I will try it. It's just great Wiim has added this excellent feature.😊👍
So it also corrects the sub output? .. haven't any clue how this works..
I agree, it's a great feature, especially for inexperienced chaps like me. As far as subs are concerned, I believe RC now has an option to include or exclude the sub if you're using the bass management on the Amp or Ultra. In my case the sub is connected to the pre-outs on my main Amp and I just set the frequency range on the RC to cover the lower frequencies (down to 20Hz).

I agree, it's a great feature, especially for inexperienced chaps like me. As far as subs are concerned, I believe RC now has an option to include or exclude the sub if you're using the bass management on the Amp or Ultra. In my case the sub is connected to the pre-outs on my main Amp and I just set the frequency range on the RC to cover the lower frequencies (down to 20Hz).
Thanks very much..
I agree it's a great feature..as so many with their excellent products, software.😊👍
And for such an price..big shout out to Wiim.👌👌👍

Thanks again for the help.

Isn't it great we can do that, anyway? Using 10 band PEQ per channel? I plain love it.
I wholeheartedly agree. It’s why I bought the Pro and upgraded to the Pro Plus. Ironically, the built-in RC feature didn’t do much for me, but this forum led me to HouseCurve that has wonderful documentation and guidance. I imagined my modest quality stereo needed a subwoofer, but repositioning my speakers, adjusting the tone controls on my amp and lastly using the PEQ settings from HouseCurve on the WiiM has made a very noticeable improvement to the sound of my system. I’ve learned so much from all this over the last week.

Back