Some images of the WiiM Ultra User Interface

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Our team recently got our hands on the latest samples and we wanted to show you some of the images of the album display since some of you were curious. Pictures don't do the screen display justice. It's very clear and crisp 😎. Hope you enjoy this sneak peak!

The main start image with rotating background images. The date and time synced to the mobile device you used to connect to WiFi.
IMG_8749.JPG IMG_8747.JPG
Option to view screen display or not
IMG_8745.JPG

Album art and swipe right to see different screens.
IMG_8750.JPG
IMG_8737.JPGIMG_8738.JPGIMG_8739.JPGIMG_8740.JPG

Adjust the volume using the knob and you can see the volume level on the screen.
IMG_8742.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
@wiim can you advise what will we see if playing via Squeezelite or Roon (when Ready) ?

Our team recently got our hands on the latest samples and we wanted to show you some of the images of the album display since some of you were curious. Pictures don't do the screen display justice. It's very clear and crisp 😎. Hope you enjoy this sneak peak!

The main start image with rotating background images. The date and time synced to the mobile device you used to connect to WiFi.
View attachment 7575 View attachment 7573View attachment 7574
Option to view screen display or not
View attachment 7572

Album art and swipe right to see different screens.
View attachment 7576
View attachment 7567View attachment 7568View attachment 7569View attachment 7570

Adjust the volume using the knob and you can see the volume level on the screen.
View attachment 7571
Will there be a new version of the app to configure what’s shown on the Ultra screen, and will the remote (or app) be able to control the Ultra screen, for example to bring up the preset list and scroll thru it or are all of the above only available by touchscreen on the Ultra itself?

Why would you expect it to be different from what’s above or what’s already shown in the app?
Just checking. I’d hope it is as per the app but if it wasn’t for some unknown reason it would render it a non starter for me.

Pictures don't do the screen display justice
@wiim Just FYI...to get better shots of screens put your mobile phone camera in pro mode (assuming modern smart phone) and slow shutter down to around 1/60 or 1/125 (reduces flicker) and reduce ISO to 100 or 200 (reduces graininess). Tinker until brightness works for you.
Thanks for the preview :)

Is there a skip forward/back function from the touchscreen or control dial?

I have a raspberry pi with a touchscreen streamer I built years ago and other than glancing at the screen for information, skipping forward or back is what I use it for most, so much more convenient than fumbling for a remote or opening an app.

I understand that this is only important if the streamer is on a desktop or next to your seat, not in a hi-fi rack across the room. But with a headphone socket this seems to me an important feature.

It's not clear from the stills, but is the play icon on the dial capacitive, supporting play/pause/resume functions?

Unfortunately to me the quality of the screen seems not very good and I'm not talking about the moiré effect in those pictures. Contrast seems pretty low and black looks rather greyish. I hope it looks much better in person.

Back