Meet WiiM Ultra - The Digital Hub for Your Music

Is the USB out asynchronous?
Hi Imsjry, Team

The WiiM devices support the UAC 2.0 specification and offer three clocking methods, depending on your downstream USB device:

• Synchronous: The audio clock is derived from the USB start-of-frame signal, making it synchronous with the USB host.
  • Asynchronous: The audio clock is derived from an independent clock source, typically a crystal oscillator in the USB audio device, or an external clock supplied to the USB audio device.
  • Adaptive: The audio clock is derived from the flow of audio data itself.

Hi Imsjry, Team

The WiiM devices support the UAC 2.0 specification and offer three clocking methods, depending on your downstream USB device:

• Synchronous: The audio clock is derived from the USB start-of-frame signal, making it synchronous with the USB host.
  • Asynchronous: The audio clock is derived from an independent clock source, typically a crystal oscillator in the USB audio device, or an external clock supplied to the USB audio device.
  • Adaptive: The audio clock is derived from the flow of audio data itself.
Might be nice to add this to the ultra q&a page in your help centre.

I am ordering mine via Amazon when possible. I need a second subwoofer now since I'll be adding the Wiim Ultra to my living room as my main set up. I will be using the Wiim Ultra to Emotiva BasX-A2 to Chane A5rx-c tower spearkers and Power Sound Audio PSA-XV15 subwoofer. I may add an external DAC, but I am going to try it out with the Wiim DAC first.

Where it mentions the Eversolo DMP-A6?

Edit: and it seems to be using a version of the app with "favourites" on the bottom bar that's not yet released

It says something about DSD. You’ll have to forgive me, I’ve not been keeping up, but I know some people want the facility to play these files.

I’m not sure whether what it says there is new or not.

It says something about DSD. You’ll have to forgive me, I’ve not been keeping up, but I know some people want the facility to play these files.

I’m not sure whether what it says there is new or not.
Looks like it might have been copied from Eversolo documentation to me tbh. Plus even if the DAC supports those formats, I don’t think I’ve seen a definitive answer from WiiM as to whether they’d add support for them in firmware.

1. Did we ever find out what CastLite means?
2. The Ultra supposedly supports Dolby Audio, but this is not mentioned in the first post of this thread. Does that mean that it is liable to removed without notice and never mentioned again?
3. Does the Ultra support Dolby Digital Plus (like the Marantz M1) or just Dolby Digital?

Hi Brantome, Team

The WiiM Ultra will soon support DSD file playback from USB or SAMBA share folders. We plan to release the Beta test software in July. Stay tuned for more updates!
Thanks for the info.
Will it also support DSD when streaming with Roon?

Can anybody confirm that the WiiM Ultra supports AirPlay? It’s my primary use case and is a deal killer if it does not. On the Amazon page I saw this which has me confused “NOTE: This device is incompatible with AirPlay and cannot function as an AirPlay receiver.”

Hi Brantome, Team

The WiiM Ultra will soon support DSD file playback from USB or SAMBA share folders. We plan to release the Beta test software in July. Stay tuned for more updates!
There are several ways to support DCD - convert to analog by onboard DAC, conversion to PCM, DoP to the DAC and native to the DAC. Which of these will be supported? Thanks.

Last edited:
Back