Sub settings?

Jamesw72

Hi all,

Fully aware that I’m going to have to tweak the settings but based on my below speakers

What Subwoofer settings should I start with?

I’m using a NAD C268 power amp..

Thanks

James

Always a good idea to just start with the default settings. They are the default for a reason. :)

So, leave the crossover frequency at 80 Hz. Use the LFE input on the Gravis I (the crossover know has no effect on the LFE input). Set LFE level to roughly 50%. From this point there is now way around trying it out for yourself.
  • If the sub is too loud, decrease the level within the WiiM Home App (much better and more convenient than changing it on the sub).
  • Try the phase switch in both settings, 0° and 180°. Whatever results in louder bass is right. Re-adjust level if necessary.
  • If the distance between your main listening position and your speakers is the same as the distance to your sub you might not have to adjust the output latency. If your sub is further away from you than your speakers, open the "Syncing Subwoofer & Speakers" menu and increase the Main Speaker Output Latency. You can roughly add 1 ms for every 34 cm (~12") difference in distance. Don't hesitate to try a little more. If you don't have measuring equipment, the simple rule is that louder bass is better. Re-adjust the level if necessary.
  • Perform WiiM Room Correction. This will attempt to iron out any remaining roughness in the frequency response, as far as possible.
Should you decide to try a lower crossover frequency later on (higher values probably won't make any sense in this setup) the sound might benefit from performing these steps again. Disable Room Correction prior to doing so. You will have to run it again with the new sub settings anyway.

Enjoy. :)

Last edited:
Always a good idea to just start with the default settings. They are the default for a reason. :)

So, leave the crossover frequency at 80 Hz. Use the LFE input on the Gravis I (the crossover know has no effect on the LFE input). Set LFE level to roughly 50%. From this point there is now way around trying it out for yourself.
  • If the sub is too loud, decrease the level within the WiiM Home App (much better and more convenient than changing it on the sub).
  • Try the phase switch in both settings, 0° and 180°. Whatever results in louder bass is right. Re-adjust level if necessary.
  • If the distance between your main listening position and your speakers is the same as the distance to your sub you might not have to adjust the output latency. If your sub is further away from you than your speakers, open the "Syncing Subwoofer & Speakers" menu and increase the Main Speaker Output Latency. You can roughly add 1 ms for every 34 cm difference in distance. Don't hesitate to try a little more. If you don't have measuring equipment, the simple rule is that louder bass is better. Re-adjust the level if necessary.
  • Perform WiiM Room Correction. This will attempt to iron out any remaining roughness in the frequency response, as far as possible.
Should you decide to try a lower crossover frequency later on (higher values probably won't make any sense in this setup) the sound might benefit from performing these steps again. Disable Room Correction prior to doing so. You will have to run it again with the new sub settings anyway.

Enjoy. :)
Excellent advice!!

Back