UPnP Cast?

My WiiM Mini is located in my office and I won’t be going there until tomorrow (Fri). Last time I played DSOTM I’m sure it played correctly but I’ll play it again tomorrow and confirm.
I am using Optical Out. If you are using the internal DAC it wouldn’t surprise me if there was an audible gap.
Yeah I'm using optical out as well. Thanks for checking. Wiim just needs to add squeezeplayer and all will be so simple.

Definitely playing DSOTM correctly.
I will post full info on slimdevices.com

Guys, I only just received my WiiM Pro and i've been fiddling around with LMS (running in Docker on my Synology NAS) over the past few weeks, streaming to my TV using UPNP.
I'm using UPnP/DLNA bridge (v2.1.12.11) and was hoping for gapless playback with the WiiM, however it won't even skip to the next track... (it does with my TV)

How can I revert the UPnP/DLNA bridge to an older version?

Just to confirm. I have a WiiM Mini with UPnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.11 working OK including gapless.

What is the point of doing that so complicated? Most of us use one streaming service at a time and one audio system at a time. If multiroom is needed then I will buy second wiim mini device. Am I wrong? Why are You using LMS or other devices? If You need add device to Devialet You need arch device.

What is the point of doing that so complicated? Most of us use one streaming service at a time and one audio system at a time. If multiroom is needed then I will buy second wiim mini device. Am I wrong? Why are You using LMS or other devices? If You need add device to Devialet You need arch device.
We're not talking streaming services, but playback of files stored on my local network - through LMS. LMS is a server application that's running on my NAS at home, so in this case it's not a "device" by itself. And I'm not sure what this has to do with multiroom support?

Just asking here because many people seem to recommend the combo of LMS x WiiM for their local music - at least once it's up and running. :)

And the point of using LMS or any other service is that the built-in home server brows function of the WiiM App leaves a lot to be desired at the moment

Just to confirm. I have a WiiM Mini with UPnP/DLNA bridge 2.1.11 working OK including gapless.
Pro with the current FW and LMS 8.3.1 / bridge 2.1.8 - gapless works fine except very short files, but it's a known issue.
Ok.. so both older versions of the bridge. And how are you guys running LMS? Maybe it's an issue on my side by running it inside docker?

I see. Arent local files on NAS accessable from wiim home app directly?
Currently only through DLNA - and the folder/browse structure you see in the app is generated by the server. Not every server supports a search function even. It will be different in the future though when WiiM will support SMB access in the app (it's already on their roadmap). Then the app itself will be able to index the music folders directly for a much better browsing experience.

Ok.. so both older versions of the bridge. And how are you guys running LMS? Maybe it's an issue on my side by running it inside docker?
Are you Windows? If so install squeezelite-x from Windows App store which will run app on PC as a player. If that can play OK then it isn't an issue with Docker but if it can't then it probably is an issue with Docker set up

EDIT. Just realised you have it working with TV. Won't be anything to do with Docker then. Probably is the version.

Currently only through DLNA - and the folder/browse structure you see in the app is generated by the server. Not every server supports a search function even. It will be different in the future though when WiiM will support SMB access in the app (it's already on their roadmap). Then the app itself will be able to index the music folders directly for a much better browsing experience.
But regular NAS server with ssd or hdd will do the job?

But regular NAS server with ssd or hdd will do the job?
Regular NAS server WITH a music server installed - this could be UPnP/DLNA or LMS etc.
NB. This is until WiiM make Samba support available then it is regular file sharing.

You will find older versions here https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/

BUT manual installs are slightly different.

First uninstall what is there through the plugins page. Untick, apply. reboot.

Then download the version of interest from the link above.

I hope I remember this bit correctly.
Unzip on PC and copy to the Plugins folder which is located somewhere like - /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins -

IMPORTANT - NOT the Plugins folder inside /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/ - the former is for manually installed Plugins only the latter for ones installed through the web tool

Restart LMS

You will find older versions here https://sourceforge.net/projects/lms-plugins-philippe44/files/

BUT manual installs are slightly different.

First uninstall what is there through the plugins page. Untick, apply. reboot.

Then download the version of interest from the link above.

I hope I remember this bit correctly.
Unzip on PC and copy to the Plugins folder which is located somewhere like - /usr/local/slimserver/Plugins -

IMPORTANT - NOT the Plugins folder inside /usr/local/slimserver/Cache/ - the former is for manually installed Plugins only the latter for ones installed through the web tool

Restart LMS
Thanks, I tried manually installing already. In the settings for the docker image, I created a new mount to "/lms/Plugins", linked to the location containing the extracted plugin folder.

In the plugin settings, the plugin was visible, with the correct version number, but I was greeted with a "Plugin failed to load" message.

If you open LMS with the default skin and go to Settings, then Information and scroll to the bottom it will show you the correct place to put it. You will need to check thatb the permissions are correct as well.

If you open LMS with the default skin and go to Settings, then Information and scroll to the bottom it will show you the correct place to put it. You will need to check thatb the permissions are correct as well.
I think "Server status" shows the same info like the "Information" tab with the old skin. I'll give it a try when I get home & check permissions!

I think "Server status" shows the same info like the "Information" tab with the old skin. I'll give it a try when I get home & check permissions!
Material skin excludes the file location info - not sure why.

Do http://IPADDRESS:9000/settings/index.html and it will take you to the default skin - then Information

Will look something like this - its the non Cache location we are interested in

1675871501434.png

Back