WiiM Amp Pro

The main differences from the WiiM amp.
Not worth upgrading to if the stock dac is good, i have never had problems with connetion and sound from bluetooth 5.0

I would only use a wiim amp for stereo and movies in stereo

It’s a shame the Pro did not stretch to an optical/coax out just to accommodate the time when people want to upgrade.

I must say, as a owner of the amp, this product is a bit disappointing.
Though I expect the owners of the pro streamer felt the same about the pro plus?

I was really hoping, that if the product was a new amplifier, it would increase it's power output.
I also don't see why they didn't put the screen on the amp as well. Could that be saved for an amp ultra?

This amp feels like it doesn't really fit in their product line.
If they make an amp ultra, would that have a different DAC than the DAC ultra? Etc...

Is the 62 watt and 122 watt not enough ?

2x60 watt from a wiim amp is not enough if you have a big room (normal sensitive speakers) or low sensitive speakers

Somebody said no, it isn't. ;)

In my book it is. In particular if you add a sub.

Last edited:
Reactions: WWH
The Non-Pro Amp is currently 369€ in Germany. Only 30€ more for the Pro would be kind of insane.
My guess is 439€ for the Amp Pro.
I would also be surprised if it would indeed go for only € 399, but to be fair, the only difference between the normal and the Pro that anyone could actually notice would be the improved wireless connectivity.

I must say, as a owner of the amp, this product is a bit disappointing.
Though I expect the owners of the pro streamer felt the same about the pro plus?

I was really hoping, that if the product was a new amplifier, it would increase it's power output.
I also don't see why they didn't put the screen on the amp as well. Could that be saved for an amp ultra?

This amp feels like it doesn't really fit in their product line.
If they make an amp ultra, would that have a different DAC than the DAC ultra? Etc...
Someone said they asked at the show and were told that there will be an amp pro plus basically merging the amp pro with an ultra. No timescales, prices etc though

It's enough for my small secondary system in a 4x5,5m room.
(8 ohms and 89db sensitivity)

But for a main system, and as an upgrade over the current amp, I think they should have pushed it further.
Especially considering that you could get more out of the chip they're already using.

Though with pffb the output would be somewhat limited.

Someone said they asked at the show and were told that there will be an amp pro plus basically merging the amp pro with an ultra. No timescales, prices etc though
While that is great news, the naming just seems off to me.
An amp with the ultra features should surely be named the amp ultra?

While that is great news, the naming just seems off to me.
An amp with the ultra features should surely be named the amp ultra?
It might well be - that could just have been the name the attendee/representative gave. It’s probably far enough off that they can call it anything… :)

Wait so the amp pro is the same 2x60w as the standard amp?
Yes, but it has PFFB which is suppose to help its performance. You can read about it on the ASR website were they measure audio products.

You can add a sub to the Wiim Amp Pro and relieve it of its low freq. duties which will also help the power output.

Yes, but it has PFFB which is suppose to help its performance. You can read about it on the ASR website were they measure audio products.

You can add a sub to the Wiim Amp Pro and relieve it of its low freq. duties which will also help the power output.
I own several pairs of full range speakers, so I tend to avoid subs, but thank you telling me about the PFFB

I own several pairs of full range speakers, so I tend to avoid subs ...
Just because the speakers are rated "fullrange" by some this is not necessarily a valid reason to avoid subs. :)

You really need to experience for yourself what good subs can do to lessen the burden on main speakers and amp to appreciate its advantage.

Just because the speakers are rated "fullrange" by some this is not necessarily a valid reason to avoid subs. :)

You really need to experience for yourself what good subs can do to lessen the burden on main speakers and amp to appreciate its advantage.
I have no shortage of bass in my setups, indeed many people ask me where I've hidden the sub, so I will take the simplicity of a stereo setup and good stereo imaging over adding a third speaker somewhere.

I have no shortage of bass in my setups, indeed many people ask me where I've hidden the sub, so I will take the simplicity of a stereo setup and good stereo imaging over adding a third speaker somewhere.
Good stereo imaging is not limited by adding a sub or two in any way. And adding subs is absolutely not about compensating for a a shortage of bass.

Reactions: WWH
I was hoping for a two channel sub out in the ultra as I build tube amps and like to supplement with subwoofer.
I am listening to my summer rig right now SMSL DO300 > Hypex NCx500 monos > Polk Audio R700's and it has Bass but still can not match Sub implementation.
I will be buying the Ultra when available.

Last edited:
Back