WiiM Amp

The new wiim app has enhanced fixed resolution option but I can’t find it in 3 of my wiim, wiim amp, pro and mini. Can someone take a picture what’s look like?
Under Device Audio Input - near the bottom click and you get this

Attachments

• IMG_6001.png
    IMG_6001.png
    786.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6002.png
    IMG_6002.png
    955.3 KB · Views: 38
enhanced fixed resolution option on wiim app on iOS is that a toggle switch or not?
It’s as per the screenshot in comment #1063, an on/off toggle. Basically it just remembers your last volume setting for that input, there’s no separate volume control for each input that you need to adjust.

If the apple TV remote has volume control, and the apple TV handles HDMI CEC, HDMI CEC and ARC are enabled on your TV, it should all be controllable with only the apple TV remote

- turning on the apple TV should turn on the TV, set it on the correct hdmi input, turn on the wiim amp and set it to the hdmi input
- audio should be played back on the wiim amp, transported via hdmi (not airplay), volume buttons on the remote control volume on the amp directly (tv and apple tv volume are fixed)
- same thing, turning off the apple tv turns off the tv and wiim amp

Also, to start playing music, it might require less clicks: with spotify, I just have to select the wiim amp in the spotify app ans start playing, the amp switches on automatically (of course, then, volume can't be controlled with the apple tv remote ;) )
This is my current set up. Apple TV connected via HDMI to TV, and HDMI ARC to Wiim Amp. I'm so impressed with how well the Wiim Amp handles this setup. Power on to all 3 devices when I hit the power button on the Apple TV remote and powers off all 3 as well. Volume control is handled exclusively with the Apple TV remote.

It is SO nice to be back down to one remote and it all works so seamlessly. Thanks Wiim Team!

Lucky you. My Samsung TV is not able to connect to WiiM Amp via HDMI. At least optical is working flawlessly.

ARC/eARC/CEC must be one of the least precisely documented standards ever. Few interfaces inhibit as many reports of incompatibility.

In addition, all makers of TV equipment seem to prefer different naming conventions and different structures in their menus, so it's hard to be sure that all settings have been configured as needed. Low quality HDMI cables are adding to the pile of potential problems.

One important hint I found to be very useful: Before making any changes to HDMI cable connections, always make sure to disconnect all devices from the electrical power grid. Do not just rely on power buttons. Sounds like black magic, but personally I experienced less strange behavior since I follow this practice.

Hi Smartplug, Team

Certainly, we're developing our initial room correction feature and aim to release a Beta version in late January, pending successful development. As this is a Beta release, we'll be actively seeking feedback from the community for further improvements before the official launch. Stay tuned!
How's this coming along?

How's this coming along?

…and what’s the format? Does it do delay as well as frequency and level? How does it hear the sound (smartphone? Mic?).

I mean, even if it’s not quite ready, you must know what sort of thing.

Hi,

it is possible to use the preset buttons on the remote control to switch directly to an input like HDMI?
In my use case, this will be a lot faster than toggling the input button multiple times.

Hi Smartplug, Team

Certainly, we're developing our initial room correction feature and aim to release a Beta version in late January, pending successful development. As this is a Beta release, we'll be actively seeking feedback from the community for further improvements before the official launch. Stay tuned!
was not specified on January of which year...

Hi,

it is possible to use the preset buttons on the remote control to switch directly to an input like HDMI?
In my use case, this will be a lot faster than toggling the input button multiple times.
Or you can use the mic remote to ask it to change input...

I fully switchted to Google Home some time ago, so I banned all Alexa stuff from home.
I also don't wanna talk for this and my wife too x)

Back