WiiM Home App v2.10.0 Update - Jun 16, 2024

@WiiM Support - Has the documentation team dropped updating the FAQ pages with the iOS and Android WiiMHome App Version Changelogs??
iOS page topped out at v2.9.1 - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...0623203--2024-ios-wiim-home-app-release-notes
Android page topped out at v2.8.1 - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...204--2024-android-wiim-home-app-release-notes
These pages are the only Changelog pages for the WiiMHome App listed in the WiiMHome Settings FAQ (at least on Android). Is there a different Changelog resource for the WiiMHome App??

@WiiM Support - Has the documentation team dropped updating the FAQ pages with the iOS and Android WiiMHome App Version Changelogs??
iOS page topped out at v2.9.1 - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...0623203--2024-ios-wiim-home-app-release-notes
Android page topped out at v2.8.1 - https://faq.wiimhome.com/support/so...204--2024-android-wiim-home-app-release-notes
These pages are the only Changelog pages for the WiiMHome App listed in the WiiMHome Settings FAQ (at least on Android). Is there a different Changelog resource for the WiiMHome App??
@WiiM Support - Thank You for updating the Android Release Notes.

However, something seems to have broken in the FAQ pages referenced by the Android WiiMHome App - "Release Notes for Android WiiM Home App" links to ONLY the "[2023] ... Release Notes" pages - topping out with details of v2.7.6 for Android and v2.5.8 for iOS. It appears the links point directly to Older Pages.

Regarding the Left and Right PEQ in an upcoming update, will Room Correction also be updated to take advantage of this feature?

Regarding the Left and Right PEQ in an upcoming update, will Room Correction also be updated to take advantage of this feature?
I am not sure if theiphone mic can record in stereo on a decent level. External devices certainly can, but this seems not yet possible to use?

Surely the device would output the necessary sounds from the speakers separately, one sweep from the left, next from the right.
This is exactly how the different room correction systems work on AVRs and pre/pros, such as Dirac, Anthem's Genesis Arc, Audessey, and others as well.
They also have you take measurements from different locations adjacent to the main listening position.

This is exactly how the different room correction systems work on AVRs and pre/pros, such as Dirac, Anthem's Genesis Arc, Audessey, and others as well.
They also have you take measurements from different locations adjacent to the main listening position.
And how many Millions$$ do those companies spend on R&D - monies brought in by Licensing Fees. Do we really expect that level of sophistication for FREE??

It depends 😉. Take the WiiM for what they do best. Deliver an exceptional good streaming transport. Using the benefit of getting that part of stereo cheap. I know in the meantime a lot of (silent) users here with quite expensive and high(er) quality stuff. Behind the WiiM the fun starts. WiiMs RC is an automatic eq-uing. Not more, not less. And if one really (!) needs it one has to decide what additional invest is one willing to do.
Like to hear or read it or not. WiiMs streaming software is the best I know. And over the years I've tried a few. But the hardware is still and remains entry class. And no measurement or "audiophile" or technical bla bla will change that. Whats wrong with entry class?? The Pavlov like harassment as soon as anyone points to that is remarkable. Be happy with what WiiM delivers for smallest money but do yourself the favor and at least think about improvements. There is so much more HiFi above WiiM.

But still free ...

Now tell me that the extra expense is worth it in WiiM's price range ... ;)

There’s also the question of necessity.

None of us will end up with an acoustically perfect room, whether that’s with physical treatment or EQ. So we’ll all end up ‘listening to the room’ to some extent. And we know that our brains account for this.

Obviously we want to be rid of any major nasties, but beyond that I’m not sure just how beneficial EQ-ing away that last 0.1dB at 15kHz actually is.

And how many Millions$$ do those companies spend on R&D - monies brought in by Licensing Fees. Do we really expect that level of sophistication for FREE??

The thing is, with the rise of AI, what was once a lengthy and hugely labour-intensive process, is soon to become very fast and very cheap.

Back