WiiM Home App v2.11.4 Update - Sep 2, 2024

Presets Editing needs to offer re-ordering of presets.

Yeah, I have requested that several times, but it has yet to happen.

Also, "Songs", "Artists", "Albums", and "Playlists" are currently sorted by name. It would be more useful to have an option to sort them in order of "Newest" or "Most Recent".

In addition, I would be very happy if each section could be rearranged.

Android Release Version
v2.11.4

What's New:

1. New Favorites Tab: Access all your favorites in one place. Currently supports Amazon Music, Qobuz, TIDAL, Deezer, TuneIn, and vTuner.
I was going to ask if the iOS version is going to support Qobuz, as it doesn't seem to at the moment, but I have just checked again, and Qobuz briefly appears at the top of the screen under Favourites ( incorrectly spelled in the app as "Favorites" ), and then disappears immediately.

Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this issue with the iOS version, or even the Android version for that matter?

I was going to ask if the iOS version is going to support Qobuz, as it doesn't seem to at the moment, but I have just checked again, and Qobuz briefly appears at the top of the screen under Favourites ( incorrectly spelled in the app as "Favorites" ), and then disappears immediately.

Is this a bug? Does anyone else have this issue with the iOS version, or even the Android version for that matter?
It's not incorrectly spelled. It's the American English spelling. Compare 'honor' versus 'honour'.

It's not incorrectly spelled. It's the American English spelling. Compare 'honor' versus 'honour'.
I am aware of that, but it would be nice to have different language choices as an option somewhere in the settings. :unsure: :)

I am aware of that, but it would be nice to have different language choices as an option somewhere in the settings. :unsure: :)
I try my best to post in British English in this forum (as far as my limited knowledge allows me), but isn't it a bit too much to ask from an app that only supports nine languages in total to differentiate between British, American, Australian and ... err ... Indian English? ;)

I try my best to post in British English in this forum (as far as my limited knowledge allows me), but isn't it a bit too much to ask from an app that only supports nine languages in total to differentiate between British, American, Australian and ... err ... Indian English? ;)
Yes, I suppose it will do as it is now. :unsure::)

Now back to the main question, do you see Qobuz at the top of the Favorites screen on iOS, or Android?

Now back to the main question, do you see Qobuz at the top of the Favorites screen on iOS, or Android?
I don't since I don't have a Qobuz account and just setting the toggle switch to enabled for a particular music service doesn't work, of course. But while trying this out I found that it took a little while until Amazon Music appeared as a filter on top of the Favorites ;) page. It looks like it takes some time to actually load my favourites ;). Tidal and vTuner did show up instantly.

Does content from Qobuz show up further down the page?

Does content from Qobuz show up further down the page?
The only reference to Qobuz is in the Recently played section, where it shows "Q Album" underneath some of the recently played albums.
The Qobuz tab, for the want of a better name, is missing from the top.

The only reference to Qobuz is in the Recently played section, where it shows "Q Album" underneath some of the recently played albums.
The Qobuz tab, for the want of a better name, is missing from the top.
It’s fine on both my android phone and iPad for my ultra. Try logging out of Qobuz in the WiiM home app and back in again to see if it triggers an update of the favourites page (and yes, I’ve already asked in a ticket for them to get the spelling correct…)

It’s fine on both my android phone and iPad for my ultra. Try logging out of Qobuz in the WiiM home app and back in again to see if it triggers an update of the favourites page (and yes, I’ve already asked in a ticket for them to get the spelling correct…)
I have just tried that on a phone, and the Qobuz tab remained on screen for about 3 seconds before disappearing. I will leave it for a few days to see if anything changes, but I rarely use the Favorites tab anyway.

Hi, I have a Lenovo tablet YT3-850F running Android 6.0.1, dedicated to audio system control. Would it be possible to get a build of the WiiM app for that version of Android? If certain features had to be disabled because of non-existent, I could likely live with that. If you shared the source, perhaps I could build it for you and anyone else who needed it. Thanks!

Hi, I have a Lenovo tablet YT3-850F running Android 6.0.1, dedicated to audio system control. Would it be possible to get a build of the WiiM app for that version of Android? If certain features had to be disabled because of non-existent, I could likely live with that. If you shared the source, perhaps I could build it for you and anyone else who needed it. Thanks!
Hi,

I don't think it is possible.
Have you already contacted our support team?

Android 6? That’s a very old device given the cost of android tablet nowadays where you can get less 100 dollars with most up to date version.

Android 6? That’s a very old device given the cost of android tablet nowadays where you can get less 100 dollars with most up to date version.
Yeah, probably 6 years old. Ancient! But it is a beautiful machine with a perfect built-in stand - not duplicated since then. I'm of one of those curious generations that doesn't just throw stuff away :), especially of it works perfectly fine. My cell phones last 5+ years.

The app is just built into a package with a compiler into an Android app using switches and operating system targets. Sometimes an app needs to take advantage of later version OS features - features which can perhaps be simply disabled. v 6.0 I think would likely have everything the app uses.

Hi,

I don't think it is possible.
Have you already contacted our support team?
Hi, thanks. How would I contact them directly to inquire about such a thing? I would be happy to assist, even do all the dirty work.

Hi, thanks. How would I contact them directly to inquire about such a thing? I would be happy to assist, even do all the dirty work.
I found the support site and submitted a feature request ticket. Most apps handle previous Android targets using conditional defines or dynamic platform query. Pretty simple to do in most cases. Lots of happy apps work fine back to v 2.0 of Android!

Only 6 years young?
Running a 2016 tablet here, android 8.1
Works well with wiim app.
Will yours really not go beyond android 6?
As suggested, maybe time to go shopping!
if I had his tablet, I would send it to electronic recycling.

Last edited:
Hi, I have a Lenovo tablet YT3-850F running Android 6.0.1, dedicated to audio system control. Would it be possible to get a build of the WiiM app for that version of Android? If certain features had to be disabled because of non-existent, I could likely live with that. If you shared the source, perhaps I could build it for you and anyone else who needed it. Thank

You can try to download from APKpure and install manually,last update didn't show on my phone couple of days and i update from apkpure site and i was update that way,also for androit tv i install that way because in play store usually says that it's not compatible for my device.

Back