WiiM Home App v2.11.4 Update - Sep 2, 2024

Hi, I have a Lenovo tablet YT3-850F running Android 6.0.1, dedicated to audio system control. Would it be possible to get a build of the WiiM app for that version of Android? If certain features had to be disabled because of non-existent, I could likely live with that. If you shared the source, perhaps I could build it for you and anyone else who needed it. Thanks!
I think the chance of a commercial company sharing IPR source code is frankly zero, especially given Linkplay provide custom versions for other vendors. You’d be better investigating whether you can get a rooted version of Android for your tablet or indeed another tablet.

Last edited:
Just got the Android app update.

Thanks Wiim - with this update I can finally add Tidal's Discovery mix as a preset :)

I found the support site and submitted a feature request ticket. Most apps handle previous Android targets using conditional defines or dynamic platform query. Pretty simple to do in most cases. Lots of happy apps work fine back to v 2.0 of Android!
WiiM already do support Android 7, Android 8, Android 9, Android 10, Android 11, Android 12, Android 13, Android 14 and probably the developer preview of Android 15. That's pretty exhaustive in my book, especially for such a feature rich app.

And it's not just about pure technical compatibility. In practice, different view port sizes for different hardware generations impose limits on what is sensibly possible when positioning elements in a layout.

Personally, I wouldn't want WiiM to spend just a minute on your request. :p Even though I like the idea of not throwing away what's still working perfectly well.

You can try to download from APKpure and install manually,last update didn't show on my phone couple of days and i update from apkpure site and i was update that way,also for androit tv i install that way because in play store usually says that it's not compatible for my device.
Yes, I should try that. I looked there previously. Wiim app first released in 2022, IIRC.

Only 6 years young?
Running a 2016 tablet here, android 8.1
Works well with wiim app.
Will yours really not go beyond android 6?
As suggested, maybe time to go shopping!
I would have to root the machine it to try OS upgrade, being it's a typical, locked-down IBM product. I would happily do that if how to do so weren't hidden away from me. No manufacturer publishes the process because they are into recycling- meaning: buy another one. Unfortunately, they don't make it anymore.

Or I could start from scratch and fresh install but I'd need all the proprietary drivers for the thing from IBM. They don't publish that list either.

I have a stack of newer Android tablets. I don't need a new one or another one :( This one is perfect for use with its awesome, stable, built-in stand.

I find it doubtful the app needs any OS functionality beyond, say, Android 4.

I think the chance of a commercial company sharing IPR source code is frankly zero, especially given Linkplay provide custom versions for other vendors. You’d be better investigating whether you can get a rooted version of Android for your tablet or indeed another tablet.
Right. Well, so I'm new to WiiM thanks to Fosi Audio. I've bought an amp (T10) from them that has a WiiM server in it I guess. Details are slim because it hasn't arrived.

As you say, it may be unlikely they'll share, but who knows, one's got to ask. Making the thing open source might be in their best interest to promulgate hardware sales. It's useless without people buying the hardware. They're short-sighted, IMO, otherwise. Look at openHab and all the other home-automation stuff - specs are open for a reason - to insure compatibility. Lack thereof is the bane of customer adoption.

WiiM already do support Android 7, Android 8, Android 9, Android 10, Android 11, Android 12, Android 13, Android 14 and probably the developer preview of Android 15. That's pretty exhaustive in my book, especially for such a feature rich app.

And it's not just about pure technical compatibility. In practice, different view port sizes for different hardware generations impose limits on what is sensibly possible when positioning elements in a layout.

Personally, I wouldn't want WiiM to spend just a minute on your request. :p Even though I like the idea of not throwing away what's still working perfectly well.
It's a nice tablet. Hi-res. Perfect for use. Non-upgradable (easily) thanks to IBM. Someone may have rooted and published the process, but the effort to discover & implement hacks is ludicrous.

I've already checked on my old Lenovo Yoga with Android 5. Wiim Home from ApkPure doesn't work unfortunately. I also thought about having it stand there and display music cover art. I'd also like to see Wiim widgets on iOS and Android.

Just got the Android app update.

Thanks Wiim - with this update I can finally add Tidal's Discovery mix as a preset :)
Turns out I was wrong...
Forgot I created a playlist from Tidal's discovery mix ages ago and that it's a static snapshot of what was in Discovery at that time.

Still holding out for Wiim's interface to show the discovery mix within their Mixes For You section.
Would be even better if it could be a preset.
Would be great to simply press 1 on the remote rather than having to open Tidal, choose a device, find the mix.
I know, soooo much effort...

Hi all, just a simple question: when fixed volume is set, is it already possible to have instead of 100 as shown by default(pretty useless i'd say), the actual volume limit you're using in audio settings page? It would be also easier to notice the changes in case of app/firmware updates restore the default settings (and thus avoid possible accidents with very high volume being passed to the amp...)
Thanks
PS: obv I'm not using 100 volume limit but i can't tell that on the fly :)
1000016026.png

Last edited:
Sorry for the noob question, but my WiiM Home App says it’s version 2.11.5 and its on an iPad.

What is this if the latest version is 2.11.4?

Thanks,

Back