WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.624365 Update - Jul 26, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.624365 (In Progress)

Release date:

7 / 26 / 2024

What's New:

1. USB Audio: Supports two-channel USB audio output (requires app version 2.10.2 or later). Refer to this tutorial for details.
2. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced for smoother audio transitions with reduced delay.
3. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
4. Output Change Enhancement: Preserves the playing queue when switching audio outputs.
5. Line Out Sound Quality Improvement: Reduced jitter at 12k to enhance analog sound quality via Line Out.
6. DSD Format Support for USB Disks: Adds the ability to play DSD audio tracks in DSF and DST formats directly from a USB disk.
7. Screen Display Enhancements:
1) Screen now turns off/on with the remote's power button.
2) Correct 12-hour time display.
3) Option to turn off screen display in standby mode (requires app version 2.10.7).
4) Fixed issue preventing the screen from turning on.
5) All tracks displayed for large playlists.
6) Various other screen issues addressed for a smoother experience.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect.
2. Playback Enhancement: Minimized playback latency.
3. Squeezelite Enhancements: Resolved issues with artwork display and connectivity with the latest Logitech Media Server (LMS).
4. Amazon Music Playback: Fixed intermittent no sound issues.
5. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
Is the new version live? My Ultra says it's up to date with version 5.2.623336.

Hello, 3 questions:

1. What's the maximum sample rates on the USB Audio Output ?
2. Is DSD on USB out native ?
3. Will the WiimOS add any support in the future for NAA so people can upsample audio via HQPlayer NAA for example and passthrought via USB out ? That would make this device a Holo Red killer too (if you don't need the I2S out), as well almost any Raspberry Pi streamer on the market... All of that while maintaining all the streaming and HDMI ARC capabilities would be one of the best streamers on the market (regardless of price!).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.624365 (In Progress)

Release date:

7 / 26 / 2024

What's New:

1. USB Audio: Supports two-channel USB audio output (requires app version 2.10.2 or later).
2. Refined Input Auto-Sensing: Enhanced for smoother audio transitions with reduced delay.
3. Soundtrack SDK Enhancement: Upgraded for a better listening experience.
4. Output Change Enhancement: Preserves the playing queue when switching audio outputs.
5. Line Out Sound Quality Improvement: Reduced jitter at 12k to enhance analog sound quality via Line Out.
6. DSD Format Support for USB Disks: Adds the ability to play DSD audio tracks in DSF and DST formats directly from a USB disk.
3) Option to turn off screen display in standby mode (requires app version 2.10.7).
4) Fixed issue preventing the screen from turning on.
5) All tracks displayed for large playlists.
6) Various other screen issues addressed for a smoother experience.

Bug Fixes:

1. Pop Noise Fix: Reduced pop noise for Spotify Connect.
2. Playback Enhancement: Minimized playback latency.
3. Squeezelite Enhancements: Resolved issues with artwork display and connectivity with the latest Logitech Media Server (LMS).
5. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Does this address the CastLite issues, namely interruptions/cutoff observed mainly on coax out?

Update looks great, how can I get it?

I really hope this fixes the issues my Ultra is experiencing with Amazon Music randomly stopping (seems how I cannot play Apple music!!!). I really want to throw the Ultra against the wall most of the time as it's unusable playing back Amazon Music.

I really hope this fixes the issues my Ultra is experiencing with Amazon Music randomly stopping (seems how I cannot play Apple music!!!). I really want to throw the Ultra against the wall most of the time as it's unusable playing back Amazon Music.
When it’s your device turn, it will be automatic. Push the update button and if it’s say up to date wait till it’s your device turn. Can’t do force update.

When it’s your device turn, it will be automatic. Push the update button and if it’s say up to date wait till it’s your device turn. Can’t do force update.
Bummer you cannot enable a pull v push so those that really need it can try it.

I'll continue to stare at my Ultra paperweight until the update decides to come forth.

Bummer you cannot enable a pull v push so those that really need it can try it.

I'll continue to stare at my Ultra paperweight until the update decides to come forth.
Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. What I like about ultra you can use external dac via toslink and coax and still able to use sub out. It would be great if that also apply to usb but doesn’t.

Hi Cal_Cobra,

Our latest firmware (version 5.2.624365) has resolved the Amazon Music issue. Please check if it works for you. I appreciate your patience and assistance!

Hi Cal_Cobra,

Our latest firmware (version 5.2.624365) has resolved the Amazon Music issue. Please check if it works for you. I appreciate your patience and assistance!
What about the CastLite interruptions?

Running V. 5.2.624365

We were expecting a screen off switch in the app. Not there yet. Only for standby.

Noticed also that USB out only shows if a dac is connected and turned on. Shouldn’t it be at least be grayed on the out list?

There is no USB output option on the screen Output panel. USB must be selected on the app.

CastLite interruptions still unresolved (especially on S/PDIF outputs). Still an issue for anything above 44.1kHz.

Last edited:
Hi Cal_Cobra,

Thanks WiiM Support, I'm downloading it now. I'm really crossing my fingers it resolves the issue as the Ultra is terrific when it works (y)

5.2.624365 (In Progress)

Release date:

7 / 26 / 2024

What's New:

Bug Fixes:

2. Playback Enhancement: Minimized playback latency

Thank you for the above: "What's New" & "Bug Fixes". We appreciate your efforts.

Mine is due to arrive tomorrow. What I like about ultra you can use external dac via toslink and coax and still able to use sub out. It would be great if that also apply to usb but doesn’t.
Not that there's anything wrong with the DAC on the Ultra, I think it sounds terrific, but I would like to try attaching a DAC to it so I could run balanced XLR out to my V3 mono blocks that just arrived.

How does the USB sub out work?

Hello, 3 questions:

1. What's the maximum sample rates on the USB Audio Output ?
2. Is DSD on USB out native ?
3. Will the WiimOS add any support in the future for NAA so people can upsample audio via HQPlayer NAA for example and passthrought via USB out ? That would make this device a Holo Red killer too (if you don't need the I2S out), as well almost any Raspberry Pi streamer on the market... All of that while maintaining all the streaming and HDMI ARC capabilities would be one of the best streamers on the market (regardless of price!).

Thanks in advance!
Hi Ma151,

Please find my replies to your questions below:

1. The max sample rate is 192kHz.
2. No, it has been converted to PCM.
3. We have built-in upsampling running on a Quad-core SoC. We will continue to improve the upsampling quality with a better algorithm.

Thank you very much for WiiM team to keep updating their product to meet my needs, I am a happy user right now
Salute (y)

Last edited:
Back