WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.629945 Update - Sep 20, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.629945 (In Progress)

Release date:
9 / 20 / 2024
What's New:
  1. USB Output (S24_3LE): Added support for S24_3LE audio format output via USB.
  2. Plex Support (Beta): Integrated Plex for direct music access and playback in the WiiM Home app (iOS 2.11.6 required; Android support coming soon).
  3. Playback Enhancements:
    • Fixed occasional no sound issues with Alexa Multi-room and Bluetooth Input.
    • Corrected metadata for custom radio stations and reduced cracking noise in some MP3 files.
    • Improved real-time playback after resuming from radio streams.
  4. Chromecast SDK Update: Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms and Google Speaker Groups (ensure Google Home is up-to-date).
  5. Screen Enhancements: Addressed issues with brightness adjustment, VU meter, and UI during OTA updates.
Bug Fixes:
  1. USB Media Library: Fixed missing metadata for certain WAV files.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.

I have logged into my Plex account on the iPad (iOS 18) and my server is not seen so far.

ARC input using Plex Android TV client and Sony TV set to pass DD, with DTS content no sound, just occasional chirp. DTS light on Ultra is on.

Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.629945 (In Progress)

Release date:
9 / 20 / 2024
What's New:
  1. USB Output (S24_3LE): Added support for S24_3LE audio format output via USB.
  2. Plex Support (Beta): Integrated Plex for direct music access and playback in the WiiM Home app (iOS 2.11.6 required; Android support coming soon).
  3. Playback Enhancements:
    • Fixed occasional no sound issues with Alexa Multi-room and Bluetooth Input.
    • Corrected metadata for custom radio stations and reduced cracking noise in some MP3 files.
    • Improved real-time playback after resuming from radio streams.
  4. Chromecast SDK Update: Improved playback for multiple music streaming platforms and Google Speaker Groups (ensure Google Home is up-to-date).
  5. Screen Enhancements: Addressed issues with brightness adjustment, VU meter, and UI during OTA updates.
Bug Fixes:
  1. USB Media Library: Fixed missing metadata for certain WAV files.
  2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements.
You have me on what you are calling a whitelist. When I go to check for updates it says I am current. Yet it's a older firmware version. Do I need to do something special?

You have me on what you are calling a whitelist. When I go to check for updates it says I am current. Yet it's an older firmware version. Do I need to do something special?
Raise a ticket to ask them to remove your device form that whitelist, but remember that updates are rolled out gradually over the entire estate (hence the “in progress” tag) so you may still need to wait till it gets round to you.

Raise a ticket to ask them to remove your device form that whitelist, but remember that updates are rolled out gradually over the entire estate (hence the “in progress” tag) so you may still need to wait till it gets round to you.
I don't think I can risk being taken off said whitelist. I was put on it because some Ultras don't work properly with the newest chromecast SDK.

Back