WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.632547 Update - Oct 15, 2024

I have nothing working. Before the update, all was well. Now, I went to Roon and it can't find the Ultra. I rebooted the Ultra and quit and restarted both Roon and the Ultra. Still nothing. Then I tried playing music from my music library on the Ultra and it worked. Then I stopped the music on the Ultra and tried JRiver (which is a DLNA streamer). JRiver found the Ultra and when I played a song, it started playing the song I had previously played from the Ultra music library. Nothing I could do would play the song chosen in JRiver.....it would just start and stop the Ultra song.Screenshot 2024-10-17 at 5.50.03 AM.png

UPDATE: As a last resort, I rebooted the Ultra and two computers (I have a headless Mac Mini running the Roon server}. That worked. Roon is once again working. I never had to go to those extremes before.

Last edited:
While using Chromecast with YouTube Music, I hear strange slowdowns of music from time to time. My ears have picked this up several times today.

It's like there's a power shortage for a quarter of a second, and the song isn't played at a normal tempo during that time, it's like it's at 90% tempo. Very weird. This was not the case before the update.

While using Chromecast with YouTube Music, I hear strange slowdowns of music from time to time. My ears have picked this up several times today.

It's like there's a power shortage for a quarter of a second, and the song isn't played at a normal tempo during that time, it's like it's at 90% tempo. Very weird. This was not the case before the update.
Did you raise a ticket when this occurred so WiiM can inspect your device logs for clues as to why this is happening?

UPDATE: As a last resort, I rebooted the Ultra and two computers (I have a headless Mac Mini running the Roon server}. That worked. Roon is once again working. I never had to go to those extremes before.

This may or may not have had anything to do with your situation, but sometimes a reboot without a power off doesn't clear a memory cache, so the device restarts with the bad info still in its memory. In that case, it may help to power down and let the device sit for a minute or two before powering up again. Sometimes multiple restarts will accomplish the same thing.

This is why wiim can’t get their beta done because too many submitted ticket when it’s their equipment fault. A simple reboot many problem without fix itself.

So here is where I’m at with Googlcast.

On my iPhone 15 iOS 18 I can cast from Soundcloud (with artwork) and YouTube Music (with artwork)

I can’t cast from Mixcloud or PLEX?

Back