WiiM Ultra

@WiiM Support @WiiM Team I adjust the volume on ultra on my iPhone volume control but it jump on incremental of 3. Is it possible to have it 1? Thanks!
My Android tablet volume buttons control the volume by 1 whereas the wiim remote does it by 3.
I'll try my Android phone...

I raised this "concern" a couple of months ago; hopefully it's in the backlog and they can come up with a way of helping those sensitive folks who need granular control!

I should clarify that this volume control was with Tidal Connect with a short press.
A long press made the volume change quickly (more quickly than the remote) in steps of 3.
I'll try a couple of other sources in case that makes a difference.

I should clarify that this volume control was with Tidal Connect with a short press.
A long press made the volume change quickly (more quickly than the remote) in steps of 3.
I'll try a couple of other sources in case that makes a difference.
On iPhone a quick push still jump 3. Wiim remote same thing.

Remote 2 or 3, Android phone 2. In any case never just 1. l, I like certain numbers rounded up, 33 to 35 I'll settle for 38 is 40 is too loud.

It would be nice to be able to set the amount of volume adjustment per click in WHA. I think 5 is fine for me. I don't want to press it many times.

BTW, I really like the ability to control the volume of an entire group with the remote or phone volume buttons.

I found for me it sounds better over low volume when the Ultra is set to Max output into a Topping E50 over USB also giving balanced outputs via TRS > XLR in my case onto Kali IN8, detail and soundstage clarity is a bit more evident. Subjective I haven't measured it. Plus the perminant volume read out for me fixes screen issues. I just leave the ultras screen off shame.

It would be nice to be able to set the amount of volume adjustment per click in WHA. I think 5 is fine for me. I don't want to press it many times.

BTW, I really like the ability to control the volume of an entire group with the remote or phone volume buttons.
That’s would be a good idea. Set your own number because everyone is different preference. I hope wiim would consider this option.

I'd like to have 'dim' button / function on remote and WHA. For majority of studio monitor volume controllers, they have 'dim' button to attenuate volume by ~20dB. Sometime, I do not want to pause when being interrupted.

Screenshot 2024-08-17 at 9.40.15 PM.png

Seems very much dependent on the app / casting mechanism involved.
All from Android phone / tablet.

Tidal Connect - volume changes by 1
Tidal within wiim app - volume changes by 3
Tidal within Bubbleupnp app, upnp - volume changes by 1
Tidal within Bubbleupnp app, chromecast - volume changes by 5
Home music share (nas) within wiim app - volume changes by 3
NAS from bubbleupnp app, upnp - volume changes by 1
Spotify Connect - volume changes by 2, sometimes 3 (e.g. 44 to 47 and 69 to 72)
Spotify, Chromecast - volume changes by 5

Last edited:
Seems very much dependent on the app / casting mechanism involved.

Tidal Connect - volume changes by 1
Tidal within wiim app - volume changes by 3
Tidal within Bubbleupnp app, upnp - volume changes by 1
Tidal within Bubbleupnp app, chromecast - volume changes by 5
Home music share (nas) within wiim app - volume changes by 3
NAS from bubbleupnp app, upnp - volume changes by 1
Spotify Connect - volume changes by 2, sometimes 3 (e.g. 44 to 47 and 69 to 72)
Spotify, Chromecast - volume changes by 5
I tried tidal connect the changes was 5 on iPhone. Are you using iPhone or android?

On my Android AlexaCast the volume changes by 10. So nice. 😂

The only problem with Spotify connect is that adjusting with the phone's button can upset the volume balance of the group.

I have the Ultra Home for testing. The coax out connection (not the connection itself but the space around it) too small, my cable can’t fit as it supposed, normaly I screw it until it is stucked on the connection, but it’s not possible because of the small space around the connection.

I have the Ultra Home for testing. The coax out connection (not the connection itself but the space around it) too small, my cable can’t fit as it supposed, normaly I screw it until it is stucked on the connection, but it’s not possible because of the small space around the connection.

Mine fits. Eichmanns bit snug but fit. What are you using?

Attachments

• 20240811_160642.jpg
    20240811_160642.jpg
    665.6 KB · Views: 33
Acoustic Zen MC2, I don’t think it’s contact is so big… but I can use it, it gets contact but it should come a little closer. Strange that they build it with so small margins.

Reactions: pbr
Acoustic Zen MC2, I don’t think it’s contact is so big… but I can use it, it gets contact but it should come a little closer. Strange that they build it with so small margins.
Ah yes very nice but those custom plugs are bigger than I thought. I see what you mean

Back