Worth upgrading from stock RCA cables?

No difference. I was gifted some AudioQuest evergreen rca cables. Switched better them and the stock ones that came with my ultra. They do look nicer I’ll say that. But audio difference? None.
Audio quest are expensive and claim to give better sound. Audioholics under measurements were no better than lamp cord. I been saying does better cable can make signal sound tasty the answer no. 😆 the company just laugh how fool you are.

Hi all

Would anybody recommend upgrading from the stock RCA cables that come with the WiiM Pro Plus?

I’m interested to hear opinions and experiences on this. If it would genuinely improve my sound quality then I’ll invest in some.

Thanks for any advice, tips or thoughts 🙏
Nordost Blue Heaven 🔥

And yet I prefer my Nordost Blue Heaven and Red Dawn over the supplied cable.
Maybe they colour the sound :ROFLMAO:
Significant improvement over the pro's cable anyway, which I assume was transmitting noise as suggested earlier in this thread.
Didn't fit until I enlarged the recess though.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I wonder if it´s possible to buy wiim´s stock rca cables (or similar). They seem to have nice quality (Ultra and Pro rca cables) and fit perfectly on the receded back plugs...

Hi everyone, I wonder if it´s possible to buy wiim´s stock rca cables (or similar). They seem to have nice quality (Ultra and Pro rca cables) and fit perfectly on the receded back plugs...
I think this has been asked in the past but with no response.

OK, thanks. It would be nice to have the option of buying extra stock cables
I get the impression that they source stuff like that from third parties that may not market directly to the public. Maybe it’s something they should consider that though :)

I get the impression that they source stuff like that from third parties that may not market directly to the public. Maybe it’s something they should consider that though :)
Yes probably...because the cables are decent quality and fit perfect on the receded back plugs...
I have seen very similar looking (same plugs) cables beeing sold on aliexpress...but are they the same quality ?
Any sugestions for similar (slim) quality rca cables from other brands ?

Expectation bias is indeed a wonderful thing.
Nope, the pro cable is noisy. Clear as night and day.
Everyone else in the house noticed it the next day, and I hadn't mentioned it to them at all. No expectation bias there.

I really don't understand why so many people seem to take so much pleasure in telling others that they must be wrong.

What do you mean by "is noisy"? Does it itself produce audible noise?
Ok, maybe a poor choice of wording and assumptions!

The sound was dull, flat, lacking dynamics and enjoyment.
Changing the cable gave a similar improvement (not as much, let me just guess at, say, 50%-75%, indicating highly noticable) as going from using a pro's analog out to an ultra's analog out. I think you're quite aware of my entirely subjective opinion on that difference.

I'm assuming the pro's cable was picking up noise from the very, very close proximity to surrounding equipment, mains cables etc.
If cables are just cables, what else could it be?
An honest question. I'm quite intrigued to know why, but right now all I can say is that, to me and my unknowing family, it was a significant change for the better.
I'm also quite open to believing that for others, in their setup, it might make little to no difference, and I certainly wouldn't assert that they must be wrong just because it was better for me.

Ok, maybe a poor choice of wording and assumptions!

The sound was dull, flat, lacking dynamics and enjoyment.
Changing the cable gave a similar improvement (not as much, let me just guess at, say, 50%-75%, indicating highly noticable) as going from using a pro's analog out to an ultra's analog out. I think you're quite aware of my entirely subjective opinion on that difference.

I'm assuming the pro's cable was picking up noise from the very, very close proximity to surrounding equipment, mains cables etc.
If cables are just cables, what else could it be?
An honest question. I'm quite intrigued to know why, but right now all I can say is that, to me and my unknowing family, it was a significant change for the better.
I'm also quite open to believing that for others, in their setup, it might make little to no difference, and I certainly wouldn't assert that they must be wrong just because it was better for me.
Could you hear noise picked up by the cable when nothing was playing? When my 5m sub cable was coiled up I could hear noise coming from the sub. When I uncoiled it the noise disappeared.

Could you hear noise picked up by the cable when nothing was playing? When my 5m sub cable was coiled up I could hear noise coming from the sub. When I uncoiled it the noise disappeared.
I'd have to plug it back in to try it!
The comment re. coiling is interesting - the rca was coiled up quite tightly right behind the back of the amp.

Nope, the pro cable is noisy. Clear as night and day.
Everyone else in the house noticed it the next day, and I hadn't mentioned it to them at all. No expectation bias there.

I really don't understand why so many people seem to take so much pleasure in telling others that they must be wrong.
I have purchase and returned rca cable from claiming esoteric cable that cost more than wiim itself. Firing up John Lennon imagine provide zero improvement over the rca cable that came from wiim. These company cost them a peanut to make cable and yet sell them at esoteric price. At the end of the day, the company made money and laught at you for believing such bs.

Back