Worth upgrading from stock RCA cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People say a lot of things about sound. Probably a night and day difference and like a veil was lifted. :)

I've seen a few recommendations for Amazon cables as rebranded moniprice apparently,u know the banana plugs are
U just bought some proper shielded cables for about £20 but now my ultra has arrived might try out others

Here is a link to spec comparison table among popular shielded guitar / instrument cables - resistance and capacitance

https://btpa.com/pdf/CA-0446Comparison.pdf

I would say all of them are good quality wires to build RCA unbalanced cables - if you have reasonable soldering skill, DIY cable can be very rewarding. I used to build a lot of custom length / color balanced cables with Canare star quad wire and Neutrik XLR / TRS connectors for my own projects.

No actually, it doesn't, but it seems to be a common statement made by people who don't understand the basics of the scientific method.
and you do of course, like a big scientist...

science: masks are needed to beat covid...
science: masks are useless...

and on and on and on...

Hey guys! My Rotel power amp's RCA inputs are something like 15 cm apart. I don't think the stock RCA cable coming with the Ultra would allow me to connect both channels without tearing the cable apart.

Any recommendations for separate interlinks that fit in the Ultra? Just looking for a good value solution, no exotic snake oil stuff ;)

* Just saw a few positive comments about those triple - shielded Focal Elites (made for car audio). Do they properly fit into the Ultra?

Last edited:
Hey guys! My Rotel power amp's RCA inputs are something like 15 cm apart. I don't think the stock RCA cable coming with the Ultra would allow me to connect both channels without tearing the cable apart.

Any recommendations for separate interlinks that fit in the Ultra? Just looking for a good value solution, no exotic snake oil stuff ;)

* Just saw a few positive comments about those triple - shielded Focal Elites (made for car audio). Do they properly fit into the Ultra?
Screenshot_20241012-215843_WiiM Home.jpg

It'll be fine, tear them....

same with cables...oh, wait, they are all the same aren't they...

guys, just go back to ASR place and enjoy the sound of oscilloscope...we are talking about music here...

Maybe, if it’s such a night and day difference, you can record the difference so we can all take part? I know Dexter Gordon’s recordings by heart, I play the tenor saxophone myself, I am sure you can capture the difference even on a phone if it’s so strong that you can hear it from another room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back