Beta Test: DLNA Cast

I’m not getting any audio when using my Ultra’s USB out when casting to it from my Pro Plus - maybe because it’s a 320kbps MP3? Ticket submitted.

TBH, was expecting more from this beta, like the ability to choose the output file type/ resolution as mooted weeks back.

And it still shows my Philips Hue hub as a DLNA target even though that was one of the first tickets I submitted. Maybe if I play to it all my lights will flash in sequence with the music 🤣🤣

Again, this beta has gone very quiet, as has the persistent group beta. And still no sign of Android app with the favourites tab…

This morning I was notified by Home assistant that it found a new dlna device!
Running ver 5.2.627753
1000070623.jpg

Again, this beta has gone very quiet, as has the persistent group beta. And still no sign of Android app with the favourites tab…
Oh, my bad.
Anyway, before this update it wasn't even showing as an dlna renderer, so at least there's progression.

Guess that’s something in your HomeAssistant setup then as WiiM devices have been DLNA/UPnP renderers since their inception
Nah, I have the pro plus as well, which was announcing just fine.
It only showed as a squeezebox.
I even logged a ticket for the missing dlna and trying to opt for this beta.

Sorry, WiiM ultra does not support DLNA function at present.

Best Regards,
WiiM Support

Hi WiiM Community,

We are currently seeking beta testers for our DLNA Cast feature.

The DLNA Cast feature will enable you to cast audio from Wiim devices to other DLNA-enabled speakers, such as Sonos, Bose speakers, and more.

If you are interested in beta testing this new feature, please provide your Wiim Forum username and MAC address in the Beta Test DLNA Cast link.

Update: 6/28/24

Please use this thread to post your experience of DLNA Cast if your device is whitelisted for this feature.

Thanks!
WiiM Team
DLNA cast to WiiM worked few days ago, is it disabled now?

Still working for me from my pro plus on v 4.8.626752. Has your beta firmware perhaps been updated to the public version which doesn’t have this feature yet?
Yes, my Pro Plus still has v 4.8.626752, and is still "working", and as unlistenable as it ever was.:rolleyes::(

DLNA cast to WiiM worked few days ago, is it disabled now?
Casting to the WiiM from third party control points has always been supported, and always will. This feature is about casting from the WiiM to DLNA renderers.

Back