Beta Test: DLNA Cast

True. And as soon as that’s there, people will be clamouring for that to be in room correction too…
I figure it needs to come together, how can PEQ be split into 2 channels if there is no per channel correction in the RC? 🤔

Well, as usual, I may be talking out of my ass.

I figure it needs to come together, how can PEQ be split into 2 channels if there is no per channel correction in the RC? 🤔

Well, as usual, I may be talking out of my ass.
Guess in the first instance RC would just duplicate the values in each channel.

And re your second comment, never :)

Guess in the first instance RC would just duplicate the values in each channel.

And re your second comment, never :)

Let me know if you are not already exhausted.

"duplicate the values in each channel"

I could not figure out how this actually works.
For example, my Yamaha AVR reflects the measurements for each channel in the PEQ for each channel.

But if the WiiM RC can't do per-channel measurements, how does it reflect them in the per-channel PEQ?

When you say "duplicate", do you mean reflect the same value on the left and right channels? But in that case, it seems to me that it would be quite difficult to adjust manually.

Thank you. 🙂

Edit:
Please forget it. 😅
Perhaps manual adjustment is not a problem if the left and right PEQs are adjusted to the same value.

Last edited:
Let me know if you are not already exhausted.

"duplicate the values in each channel"

I could not figure out how this actually works.
For example, my Yamaha AVR reflects the measurements for each channel in the PEQ for each channel.

But if the WiiM RC can't do per-channel measurements, how does it reflect them in the per-channel PEQ?

When you say "duplicate", do you mean reflect the same value on the left and right channels? But in that case, it seems to me that it would be quite difficult to adjust manually.

Thank you. 🙂

Edit:
Please forget it. 😅
Perhaps manual adjustment is not a problem if the left and right PEQs are adjusted to the same value.
Yeah, they could have a L/R/Combined switch rather than just L/R to allow you max freedom in editing the values.

Hi everyone, I am trying to understand how this works in order to decide whether to buy the new WiiM Ultra (with its USB input) and effectively use it as a DLNA server instead of a NAS. So will this work to transmit bit perfect audio or no:

DLNA server (WiiM Ultra + external SSD)—>>ethernet cable—>>switch—>>ethernet cable—>>DLNA receiver in my active speakers

At the moment no as this early beta only supports mp3 transmission to target devices for compatibility issues. However, it’s hoped that lossless 24/48 transmission may become available if your target device supports it. I guess I’d also rephrase your question around transcoding rather than bit perfection as DLNA is sharing files not an audio stream.

Hi everyone, I am trying to understand how this works in order to decide whether to buy the new WiiM Ultra (with its USB input) and effectively use it as a DLNA server instead of a NAS. So will this work to transmit bit perfect audio or no:
Are you planning to connect the Ultra to speakers at all?
If all you're after is a DLNA server there are much cheaper and better alternatives.

Are you planning to connect the Ultra to speakers at all?
If all you're after is a DLNA server there are much cheaper and better alternatives.

Yeah, but not with the WiiM app. Not sure about cheaper though, a relatively good NAS costs just the same.

Yeah, but not with the WiiM app. Not sure about cheaper though, a relatively good NAS costs just the same.
If you're using a third party control point then you don't need DLNA Cast, just use the Ultra as the source (media server). Have you used DLNA before?

I wasn't thinking of a NAS, something like a Raspberry Pi.

If you're using a third party control point then you don't need DLNA Cast, just use the Ultra as the source (media server). Have you used DLNA before?

I wasn't thinking of a NAS, something like a Raspberry Pi.
Not sure I follow you there… Yes, I have used DLNA before

Not sure I follow you there… Yes, I have used DLNA before
The Ultra will appear in your DLNA control point just like any other DLNA server e.g. MinimServer, Plex etc

The DLNA Cast feature, which thread is about, is a way to redirect the audio that would otherwise be played through the Ultra to another DLNA renderer, which I don't think you need.

Moderators?, WiiM?

I signed up for the Beta but got no response. Is this still open?
Hi, I raised a ticket asking if the original DLNA Cast beta firmware was to be updated since its initial release almost a month ago and got this ambiguous reply “There is currently no DLNA Cast firmware update. Please be patient, as there will be a version of the WiiM app updated next week to support this feature.”
I’d hold off till next week and see what transpires.

Hi, I raised a ticket asking if the original DLNA Cast beta firmware was to be updated since its initial release almost a month ago and got this ambiguous reply “There is currently no DLNA Cast firmware update. Please be patient, as there will be a version of the WiiM app updated next week to support this feature.”
I’d hold off till next week and see what transpires.
Thanks for the update. Excellent!

Hi, I only just found out that I can no longer send my home HI-Fi to my Sonos speakers and that WiiM has stopped supporting Airplay 2 which used to do this. I emailed them and they told me to try DLNA but with no instruction or help and noting in the manual that I can see. Googling I have found that if I go to Browse/Home Music Share I can see my 3 Sonos speakers but I cannot seem to do anything with them. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks. I might ask Amazon for a refund if I cannot get it to work. Appreciate your help. I only bought the WiiM to send my home stereo to my Sons speakers and without this it might as well be a brick for me.

Hi, I only just found out that I can no longer send my home HI-Fi to my Sonos speakers and that WiiM has stopped supporting Airplay 2 which used to do this. I emailed them and they told me to try DLNA but with no instruction or help and noting in the manual that I can see. Googling I have found that if I go to Browse/Home Music Share I can see my 3 Sonos speakers but I cannot seem to do anything with them. Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? Thanks. I might ask Amazon for a refund if I cannot get it to work. Appreciate your help. I only bought the WiiM to send my home stereo to my Sons speakers and without this it might as well be a brick for me.
You need to sign up for the DLNA cast firmware via the form in the first post of this thread.
Once you have the beta firmware you will see DLNA as a choice on the output screen.

Back