Beta Test: DLNA Cast

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team , @RyanWithWiim ,

It is now almost two months since the last DLNA Cast Beta was released, version 4.8.626752 dated 20240819.

Can we have an update as to when we might be likely to receive another Beta version to hopefully make this feature work properly?
There seems to be rather a lot of other Betas on the go, and this one appears to have been forgotten about. I'm sure that there are other forum members who would like some information.

@WiiM Support , @WiiM Team , @RyanWithWiim ,

It is now almost two months since the last DLNA Cast Beta was released, version 4.8.626752 dated 20240819.

Can we have an update as to when we might be likely to receive another Beta version to hopefully make this feature work properly?
There seems to be rather a lot of other Betas on the go, and this one appears to have been forgotten about. I'm sure that there are other forum members who would like some information.
The same can be said on independent peq. Under roadmap it shows that it has been completed. They been working too many beta that many got lost on track.

The same can be said on independent peq. Under roadmap it shows that it has been completed. They been working too many beta that many got lost on track.
This is the only one that I'm really interested in, because it has the potential to make up for the loss of a feature that has been removed from all WiiM devices, and may possibly be able to better it, but it's looking more and more unlikely that it will, but hopefully it may just be able to match it.

This is the only one that I'm really interested in, because it has the potential to make up for the loss of a feature that has been removed from all WiiM devices, and may possibly be able to better it, but it's looking more and more unlikely that it will, but hopefully it may just be able to match it.
I must admit I share your views. On the removal of the feature that dare not be named, I had expected a lot of development resource to have been thrown at DLNA Cast to fill the void - that appeared to be the intention at the start. Despite some early response to initial feedback (like restoring lossless transmission rather than mp3 as a lowest common denominator, and the choice of cast file format, both of which haven’t appeared), this beta has barely moved since its release.

Perhaps there are too many betas running at the same time - with people having a limited number of devices, there’s only so many betas they can get involved in without jeopardising their normal use of the devices and removing them from the regular firmware update cycle.

The removed feature worked extremely well for me, and was in regular use until its removal, so naturally I wanted this DLNA Cast feature to replace it at the same quality as the other feature. I'm not really bothered about it being lossless, and I would be happy to just have it working as the previous feature.

I feel that there are too many betas on the go, and that they should concentrate on fewer, and get them working, and when released they should move onto other features.

The removed feature worked extremely well for me, and was in regular use until its removal, so naturally I wanted this DLNA Cast feature to replace it at the same quality as the other feature. I'm not really bothered about it being lossless, and I would be happy to just have it working as the previous feature.

I feel that there are too many betas on the go, and that they should concentrate on fewer, and get them working, and when released they should move onto other features.
Hopefully the same developer isn't working on all of them at the same time.

Back