Beta Test: DLNA Cast

I'm not too fussy, I just want it to offer at least the same sound quality, features and functionality as the previous casting method.😉

The whole DLNA casting release wait has me on hold regarding if I want to buy more WiiM Amps and passive speakers to continue to replace my Sonos stuff or if I should look at BlueSound instead. The AirPlay casting worked great for me the 2 weeks that I had it before it was taken away.

Ok sorry for silly question, is dlna cast similar to Spotify or tidal connect that you choose how to cast within the app? Or you need like mconnect to work?

Ok sorry for silly question, is dlna cast similar to Spotify or tidal connect that you choose how to cast within the app? Or you need like mconnect to work?
DLNA Cast is an Audio Output option. Instead of selecting Line/Optical/COAX/Bluetooth Out you'd pick DLNA Cast and then choose the DLNA renderers that you want to cast to.

You'd then control the WiiM as you would ordinarily (Spotify/Amazon/TIDAL/WiiM app) and the audio will be relayed to the target DLNA renderers.

DLNA doesn't have synchronisation so the relayed audio won't be in sync across the selected renderers.

Last edited:
DLNA Cast is an Audio Output option. Instead of selecting Line/Optical/COAX/Bluetooth Out you'd pick DLNA Cast and then choose the DLNA renderers that you want to cast to.

You'd then control the WiiM as you would ordinarily (Spotify/Amazon/TIDAL/WiiM app) and the audio will be relayed to the target DLNA renderers.

DLNA doesn't have synchronisation so the relayed audio won't be in sync.
Thanks my friend! I appreciate it.

Back