Beta Test: Plex

The meta tags are better integrated. For example you can directly go to the artist when you click on the three dots on the track. You also can add titles direct to Plex collections. The Radio feature is also available now and you have the recommendatios you also have on the Plexamp home screen.
Also all in all it feels faster than using the DLNA connection.
Soooo, the big question: does the WiiM device become visible as an endpoint in the native Plex and Plexamp apps?

+ a few screenshots would be appreciated! I'm currently WiiM-less ;)

Last edited:
Soooo, the big question: does the WiiM device become visible as an endpoint in the native Plex and Plexamp apps?
This is what I had assumed they meant when they mentioned they were working on Plex support. Really hope that's the case or it doesn't offer much to me at least

does the WiiM device become visible as an endpoint in the native Plex and Plexamp apps?
I can't see what's currently playing in the Plex Dashboard on the web application and my Plexamp app on my iPhone only sees the Ultra as a Google Cast decive but not as a Plex endpoint.
+ a few screenshots would be appreciated! I'm currently WiiM-less
I have a few attached. Sorry they are german though. "Zur Sammlung hinzufügen" means "Add to collection:)

Attachments

• IMG_1318.PNG
    IMG_1318.PNG
    484.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1320.PNG
    IMG_1320.PNG
    2.4 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1319.PNG
    IMG_1319.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_F24332A9A086-1.jpeg
    IMG_F24332A9A086-1.jpeg
    679.6 KB · Views: 37
Reactions: Iso
I would doubt that especially after they said it would be available for the mini which suggested to me it wouldn’t be like the squeezelite client for LMS which wasn’t able to be implemented for the Mini due to lack of resources despite it reportedly having a small footprint.

It feels more like they’re using a Plex third party api on the WiiM home app to access the Plex server and then play on the WiiM device. If they had excluded the Mini, then I might have had some hope it would have appeared as an endpoint to native Plex and Plexamp.

Got the iOS app and the beta firmware on my Pro Plus:
I can login into my plex account and choose my music library (the server has two libraries) but then I get nothing except this screen (the server is reachable in my network using other clients from same iOS device):

View attachment 11299

Edit: Additionally reported as feedback from within WiiM Home App.
I get the same problem. Except in English. I can log into Plex. Sees my music library. I can select one. And then I get Plex is not available. Tried rebooting Plex and the app. No change.

I get the same problem. Except in English. I can log into Plex. Sees my music library. I can select one. And then I get Plex is not available. Tried rebooting Plex and the app. No change.
So far no response from my „feedback“. Maybe it might help to push the issue higher if you send a feedback too.
I suspect a Plex server setting that brakes the network communication.

Do you have multiple WiiMs in your network? I have two while the Amp hasn’t got the beta firmware (yet). Maybe the issue comes from there…

Well, that's a let down so far! I had high hopes for this, but I may as well keep using Chromecast and Airplay. Settings are non existent bar your account and choice of library. To be of any use it needs to be able to advertise as a player at the very least. Maybe there's more to come but it's a bit of a damp squib so far.

I haven’t seen any indication of a WiiM target for the above - from where did you infer that?
Looked back at roadmap and must agree with you. Sorry for creating confusion. Then the WiiM app as a player even makes no sense at all ;)

Same problem here as well. I am able to log into Plex and select the local library but then I get the error <Plex server name> is not available.
No change even after updating Plex to the latest version. Feedback ticket opened.

Same problem here as well. I am able to log into Plex and select the local library but then I get the error <Plex server name> is not available.
No change even after updating Plex to the latest version. Feedback ticket opened.
Do you have DLNA activated on your plex server?

Hello, I haven't found any interfaces. You can add Plex. The latest firmware and iOS test flight have been obtained.IMG_6118.pngIMG_6119.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone got the Plex beta for their Mini yet? I’ll maybe just need to be patient as I hear they roll out these graudually over a period of a few days 😉😂

Back