Beta Test: Room Correction for Android

WiiM say it runs on 7.0.

It obviously doesn't. Perhaps calling up dependencies of Linux and yours is out of date.

Hopefully it will be available under windows but even then will windows 7 support be ended, won't allow to be installed and force to install windows 11 for home app to work?

It should be obsolete when you get years beyond a security update (unless you stay off the internet).
Rumor the new iPhone 16 would support WiFi 7 which I already have the router. Even 6e device are not widely available let alone WiFi 7.

Over night, my WiiM app has been updated and the RC is here. Nice, thank you WiiM!
Something else I've noticed. It applies the room correction even if you don't select "Apply Correction".
I don't understand that seeing anyway. RC only results in an EQ preset, right? Why the RC switch on/off then?

Over night, my WiiM app has been updated and the RC is here. Nice, thank you WiiM!

I don't understand that seeing anyway. RC only results in an EQ preset, right? Why the RC switch on/off then?
Does switching off RC disable the PEQ?

Just because some preview version runs on your phone it doesn't mean it's the current version.

So no, 15 still is not the current version.

Thanks for explaining my phone to me. It's the final beta. Those not on the beta program should receive the 15 update beginning in 2 months-ish.

Android 15 is currently on beta 4 not official public release.
I'm aware. It's on my phone. Pixel 9 release is early this year (announcement a week away) I expect the official 15 will be as well.

Last edited:
Thanks for explaining my phone to me. It's the final beta. Those not on the beta program should receive the 15 update beginning in 2 months-ish.
You're welcome. Still, WiiM say that the app runs on Android 7 and up and your phone doesn't change that. Why wasting your time discussing the beta status of Android 15?

Shouldn't we get back to topic?

You're welcome. Still, WiiM say that the app runs on Android 7 and up and your phone doesn't change that. Why wasting your time discussing the beta status of Android 15?

I didn't start the p***sing contest . Yes gladly.

I've sent a ticket for the Android 7 issue. Let's see what happens 😀

So, I guess with the release the beta test is over?! Is this the thread to discuss the feature?

Is it normal, that, on measuring, first only a very high pitched sweep of the upper frequencies gets played and after that the full sweep?

Have the issues with the Dayton Audio iMM-6C been fixed? I feel my Samsung Galaxy's mic has issues, since I get an EQ with all heights removed.

Back