Introducing WiiM Amp Pro

Airplay 1 doesn’t support multi-room synch, but it supports lossless.

Yeah, I mention those points in the post. As I also said, it does have drawbacks but may still be of use to some.

I believe you can buy an $89 Wiim mini to receive Airplay, and attach to the amp via optical.
Indeed, but the Airconnect “workaround” is free if it meets you needs

After carefully reviewing the the new specs of this Amp Pro it seems like there is a notable upgrade from the original Amp (which I own) even if most of these upgrades are "invisible" to the eyes and ears. For us who connect the Amp to the TV for video streaming the inclusion of Dolby digital support is an important addition. (y)

The upgraded DAC seems nice, even though I believe my original Amp sounds great... the PFFB I don´t really understand what it means, but if it brings better sound, welcome it is. I do believe that a "Pro" version of a product should look different, the upgrade should be very visible on the outside as well as in the inner specs.. Don´t think I'll be upgrading ay time soon, will probably wait for next version.

After carefully reviewing the the new specs of this Amp Pro it seems like there is a notable upgrade from the original Amp (which I own) even if most of these upgrades are "invisible" to the eyes and ears. For us who connect the Amp to the TV for video streaming the inclusion of Dolby digital support is an important addition. (y)

The upgraded DAC seems nice, even though I believe my original Amp sounds great... the PFFB I don´t really understand what it means, but if it brings better sound, welcome it is. I do believe that a "Pro" version of a product should look different, the upgrade should be very visible on the outside as well as in the inner specs.. Don´t think I'll be upgrading ay time soon, will probably wait for next version.
it's just a "welcome" revision..." mk2"
after "mini", the names at wiim have of course never been very serious ;-)

Needs orange knob.

View attachment 11955View attachment 11956
Hi WiiM Community,

We are excited to introduce the WiiM Amp Pro, the next evolution in streaming amplifiers, designed for audiophiles and home entertainment enthusiasts. With advanced Post Filter Feedback (PFFB) technology, this amplifier guarantees high-performance sound regardless of speaker load, elevating your audio experience. It features the latest Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 (with BT LE audio support) for seamless, stable, and high-fidelity streaming, perfect for any hi-res audio streaming demands.

Whether you're connecting classic passive speakers, a home theater setup, or a vintage record player, the WiiM Amp Pro offers exceptional integration options. Control everything through the WiiM Home App, play music from top services like Spotify, Amazon Music, or stream from your favorite app. Plus, enjoy hands-free operation with Alexa and Google Assistant for the ultimate convenience.

Key Features:​

• Powerful Amplification: 60W per channel at 8 ohms, or 120W per channel at 4 ohms, capable of powering up to four speakers.
  • Top-tier Audio Components: 32-bit/384kHz ES9038 Q2M SABRE DAC and TI TPA3255 Class-D amplifier.
  • Wireless Connectivity: Dual antennas with Wi-Fi 6E and Bluetooth 5.3 for rock-solid streaming.
  • Elegant Design: Encased in an award-winning aluminum body for a premium, modern look.
  • Room Correction: Automatically tailors sound to your space with precise acoustic measurements.
  • Superior Sound Quality: Delivers exceptional clarity with -105 dB THD+N and 120 dB SNR at 5W.
  • Advanced Thermal Design: Designed with an innovative thermal management system that includes copper, aluminum, and graphene heat sinks, ensuring reliable performance even in the most demanding conditions.
  • Seamless App Control: Access a broad range of music services via the WiiM Home App.
  • Gapless Playback: Enjoy uninterrupted, high-resolution playback up to 24-bit/192kHz.
  • Versatile Input/Output Options: Easily connect external devices, from turntables to TVs, with HDMI ARC, Optical, and RCA inputs.
  • Subwoofer Output & HDMI ARC: Ideal for creating a complete home theater setup.
  • Dolby Digital Support: Enhance your home cinema experience with Dolby Digital decoding for immersive surround sound.
  • Voice Control: Hands-free operation via Alexa and Google Assistant, with voice commands.
  • Please Note: AirPlay is not supported, and the device cannot function as an AirPlay receiver.

Tech Specs:​

• Amplifier: Class-D, 60W/channel (8 ohms), 120W/channel (4 ohms).
  • Audio Input: Analog (RCA), Optical, HDMI ARC, supporting up to 24-bit/192 kHz.
  • Audio Output: Up to 192 kHz/24-bit, adjustable EQ with independent settings for each input.
  • Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, Ethernet, USB Audio Out, USB Media Library support.
  • Physical: Compact size (7.5 x 7.5 x 2.4 inches), weight of 4.1 lbs, aluminum case.
  • Accessories Included: WiiM Voice Remote, HDMI cable, RCA, optical audio cables.
  • Price: $379 USD. It will be first available in the US on Amazon (starting 9/25) and through other US distributors, with international availability next month.
The WiiM Amp Pro sets a new standard in streaming amplifiers, delivering pristine audio, smart integration, and reliable wireless performance for any audio setup.
What exactly does Dolby decoding provide, and how?

What exactly does Dolby decoding provide, and how?
I have this same question as pints going to be a 2.1 system at best. Unless it down mixes to 2.1 and maybe DD will support some better formats? I dunno.

I have this same question as pints going to be a 2.1 system at best. Unless it down mixes to 2.1 and maybe DD will support some better formats? I dunno.
I'm pretty sure it's been part of the Dolby Digital spec for many years; every 5.1 audio stream is required to have a DD 2.0 mix as well; the reasoning is that back in the day, most people had stereo setups and not multichannel, so this ensured an audio stream to DD's satisfaction could be provided with the media and playable on the consumer's existing stereo system. It is a DD 2.0 mix, and not the old 2-channel Dolby Pro Logic. The LFE mix is discarded from 5.1 to 2.0, though in the intervening years, maybe they now do 2.1, that I do not know.

Regardless, if I'm correct, what the WiiM would be decoding on that input is either DD 2.0 or DD 2.1 as encoded by the original media producer.

If Wiim amp pro can't have Apple airplay, there is no risk that Apple airplay will be suppress of the Wiim amp classic ?

Its unclear to me what Dolby "support" will provide and/or why it is needed.

How or when would the Amp even receive Dolby encoded content? My LG television only provides one option for the audio output when using HDMI Arc: PCM. If the amp receives PCM, there in no Dolby to decode.

If I swap from Amp to Amp Pro, will some magic on the Arc connection suddenly result in options other than PCM on my LG audio output? I can imagine that an HDMI source "learns" the capabilities of an attached Arc audio output device and therefore only shows the audio output options that are supported, but I have no idea how it actually works.

Even if we assume that the Amp Pro can receive the Dolby-encoded content, what advantage is there to the Amp Pro doing the downmixing rather than the upstream HDMI device (LG television in my case)?? Will Wiim have downmix configuration options?

I find it odd/disappointing that Wiim can put in the apparent engineering effort to implement this feature, but can't be bothered to put in an hour of marketing effort to explain the functional benefit of the feature.

Last edited:
Its unclear to me what Dolby "support" will provide and/or why it is needed.

How or when would the Amp even receive Dolby encoded content? My LG television only provides one option for the audio output when using HDMI Arc: PCM. If the amp receives PCM, there in no Dolby to decode.

If I swap from Amp to Amp Pro, will some magic on the Arc connection suddenly result in options other than PCM on my LG audio output? I can imagine that an HDMI source "learns" the capabilities of an attached Arc audio output device and therefore only shows the audio output options that are supported, but I have no idea how it actually works.

Even if we assume that the Amp Pro can receive the Dolby-encoded content, what advantage is there to the Amp Pro doing the downmixing rather than the upstream HDMI device (LG television in my case)?? Will Wiim have downmix configuration options?

I find it odd/disappointing that Wiim can put in the apparent engineering effort to implement this feature, but can't be bothered to put in an hour of marketing effort to explain the functional benefit of the feature.
They just announced the product, and we just yesterday asked for details.

The Amp Pro was announced over 4 months ago, early in May.
I don’t believe they released the specs then. Particularly the Dolby decoding.

My guess is that the Amp will accept PCM or Dolby from the TV. some DACs just accept PCM. What is does with it is presumably extract the stereo track.

Because I want to use Wiim Amp for my wife and to have only one device. Airplay was great because she used to push this option on our Ipad.

Is it better to launch Deezer on the Wiim Amp or via Airplay to a TV connected to Wiim Amp ?

And one more time,
Is it better to launch Deezer on the Wiim Amp or via Airplay to a TV connected to Wiim Amp ?
The first option might be better, but does it matter to her?

And just for the sake of completeness (one more time):

Ahah i dunno, but my wife hate the change lol i was doubting about Wiim Amp or Marantz Stereo 70s, but Wiim Amp's app looks better to use lol

Back