Which amp to match the Ultra?

But no indication of a pure power amp so far.

Is this a indication? 🤔
(Note the Good button.)

If it comes to pass, it would be a very surprising development for me.

Is this a indication? 🤔
(Note the Good button.)

If it comes to pass, it would be a very surprising development for me.
When I'd been asking for it (quite some time ago now) I did not get a thumbs up. 😝

I have my wiim ultra paired with the Peachtree GaN1 amplifier. It's a great combo. The GaN1 uses a pdm to pwm (or vice versa, can't remember which) to convert the digital signal to an audio signal so it bypasses the wiims DAC. Hook em up with a nice coaxial cable, a 12v trigger and you're ready to rock. Thr GaN1 *definitely* has a signature sound that sets it apart from anything I've ever heard before. I'm not gonna sit here and say "it sounds like an a/b amp" or "it's warm like tubes" because that's just nonsense, but it most *definitely* sounds different than any class d, or any class for that matter, amp I've heard. It's really hard to explain without experiencing it. This combo feels like a real futuristic type of hifi streaming set up that anyone could set up and run with zero audio know how.

I've also used the analog out to my nad c389 and optical out. It sounded best with analog out, the DAC in the wiim sounds just a teencey bit better.

I'm hoping wiims next device keeps all the good from the ultra but without a screen to get the price down a bit.

Last edited:
I have my wiim ultra paired with the Peachtree GaN1 amplifier. It's a great combo. The GaN1 uses a pdm to pwm (or vice versa, can't remember which) to convert the digital signal to an audio signal so it bypasses the wiims DAC. Hook em up with a nice coaxial cable, a 12v trigger and you're ready to rock. Thr GaN1 definitely has a signature sound that sets it apart from anything I've ever heard before. I'm not gonna sit here and say "it sounds like an a/b amp" or "it's warm like tubes" because that's just nonsense, but it most definitely sounds different than any class d, or any class for that matter, amp I've heard. It's really hard to explain without experiencing it. This combo feels like a real futuristic type of hifi streaming set up that anyone could set up and run with zero audio know how.

I've also used the analog out to my nad c389 and optical out. It sounded best with analog out, the DAC in the wiim sounds just a teencey bit better.

I'm hoping wiims next device keeps all the good from the ultra but without a screen to get the price down a bit.
Before your claim there’s such difference you have to provide us data to back up your claim. It’s like you’re accusing someone based on gut feeling but no proof. This forum pretty much don’t believe on subjective. They care about presented data based on measurements.

But no indication of a pure power amp so far.
If they do come up with power amp, I will pit that in on my mono block amp which cost 20k parasound halo jc 1. It’s probably 85 percent performance at a peanut price. 😆

Before your claim there’s such difference you have to provide us data to back up your claim. It’s like you’re accusing someone based on gut feeling but no proof. This forum pretty much don’t believe on subjective. They care about presented data based on measurements.
Yeah that's my bad bro I won't state my subjective opinion until I learn the function of every little transistor and I buy equipment I have no need of to get you measurements...

I didn't put anyone down, I never claimed it was the best amplifier, I didn't trash anyone's gear, or their opinion on said gear so I'm a little confused about what I'm accusing people of?? The title of the thread is asking which amplifier to match with their wiim ultra, I answered what I paired mine with and then gave a personal anecdote. Am I not allowed to give an opinion on what I hear when I'm enjoying music? I edited my comment to highlight the 2 times I spoke in absolutes. While I did use the word "definitely", the statements are clearly subjective. If the title of the thread was "prove the best amplifier to match the wiim" I wouldn't have answered. I didn't make any subjective statements about the operational or output performance of the amplifier, just how I perceive the sound. Although, If you are that interested I'm sure you can find someone somewhere who's measured the GaN1 amp

I haven't been on audio forums for long but it doesn't seem uncommon to see people argue their subjective opinions . It's apparent I'm not as experienced as you are because I truly don't know how looking at lines on a graph would change how I perceive the sound.. and I mean that sincerely, I'm not being pedantic about that like I was in the rest of my reply.

Yeah that's my bad bro I won't state my subjective opinion until I learn the function of every little transistor and I buy equipment I have no need of to get you measurements...

I didn't put anyone down, I never claimed it was the best amplifier, I didn't trash anyone's gear, or their opinion on said gear so I'm a little confused about what I'm accusing people of?? The title of the thread is asking which amplifier to match with their wiim ultra, I answered what I paired mine with and then gave a personal anecdote. Am I not allowed to give an opinion on what I hear when I'm enjoying music? I edited my comment to highlight the 2 times I spoke in absolutes. While I did use the word "definitely", the statements are clearly subjective. If the title of the thread was "prove the best amplifier to match the wiim" I wouldn't have answered. I didn't make any subjective statements about the operational or output performance of the amplifier, just how I perceive the sound. Although, If you are that interested I'm sure you can find someone somewhere who's measured the GaN1 amp

I haven't been on audio forums for long but it doesn't seem uncommon to see people argue their subjective opinions . It's apparent I'm not as experienced as you are because I truly don't know how looking at lines on a graph would change how I perceive the sound.. and I mean that sincerely, I'm not being pedantic about that like I was in the rest of my reply.

Good morning, SerotoninStorm, guys.
Nothing that can't be quickly resolved with a sincere apology.
I'd like to take this opportunity to tell you that this GaN1 has been on my mind for a while now, and I'm very curious about it. If I could arrange a listening session in my country, I would do it without hesitation.
Greetings, gentlemen!

The only real answer to the OP is any amp you want, that’ll serve your purposes.

Far, far more important to ensure the amp you buy is capable of driving your speakers, rather than any idea of matching the amp to the Ultra.
Professional advise, but difficult for beginners like me.

Currently using the Fosi Audio V3 Mono's with custom Muses02 opamps on the Ultra. Great sound, and with the Muses02 opamps it is even better. Love this setup!

Currently using the Fosi Audio V3 Mono's with custom Muses02 opamps on the Ultra. Great sound, and with the Muses02 opamps it is even better. Love this setup!
Which of the op-amps in the V3 Mono did you replace with the Muses02? Did you replace just one or more than one?

Berhinger A800 class D amplifier.
Powering my pair of Kef R700.
Amazing how this amp works in comparison of his very low budget !

I received 2 Muses02 chips with my Kickstarter order and ordered 2 more from Fosi.

So yeah, I replaced all 4 opamps.
Thanks, same here. Except after I bought the second set of Muses02 I felt stupid having done so. I don't really believe in "better" sound of "audiophile" op-amps, but was taken away when I received a discount voucher. 😅

Now, maybe I will take the time to try them out. But I'm still not totally sure. ;)

I have 2 combinations in my home.
As stated above its important to match the speakers with the amp, and the amount of energy required to drive them to fill the room size your playing your music.

My small rooms are Emotiva Basx A2 Flex, because it's very flexible, great sound, has trigger in and was under $300, powering Philharmonic Audio Ceramic Mini speakers and also the True Minis.

I'm my large rooms I'm using Audio by Van Alstine AVAHIFI.com NP1 amplifier, with Philharmonic Audio BMR book shelf speakers.

These are all proving to be excellent combinations and I love working with companies who pick up their phone when you can, but still remain affordable, with value based business and products.

I know there are hundreds of choices, these just happened to be mine.

Jeff
This is actually a key factor for me. I have Philharmonic, JDS Labs and Buckeye Amps products and appreciate them for the same reason you mentioned. If the Ultra had come from one of those companies, it would be on my desktop already. I've been holding out waiting for the Buckeye integrated amp, but it's a slow boat.

Does WiiM fit that profile?

Back