WiiM Amp

Looking forward to this all-in-one amp+streamer :). Wish it decoded DSD, which is the only thing I see missing.

Having a look through the manual and I think it could do with going into a little more detail on connecting a subwoofer.
Lot of noobs out there.

Having a look through the manual and I think it could do with going into a little more detail on connecting a subwoofer.
Lot of noobs out there.
Yeah, I second that. Is the crossover setting going to apply HPF to the main speakers (I hope)? It SOUNDS like it will, but the description is just a bit vague...

What I want to see is separate high and low pass filter like they implement on mini dsp. Mini dsp has multiple choices on crossover such butterworth, linkwitz Riley just to name a few. Side by side comparison with AVR eq, mini dsp has seamless integration on subwoofer blending the main nicely.

Hello @WiiM Support !

Psyched to see the amplifier as a product :)

Could you tell me, would the WiiM Amp automatically detect the source?
Let's say, for example, that I have connected HDMI and I'm playing back something through chromecast. When I pause the chromecast and play something via HDMI, would the source be automatically switched, or would I need to do this manually?

Hello @WiiM Support !

Let's say, for example, that I have connected HDMI and I'm playing back something through chromecast. When I pause the chromecast and play something via HDMI, would the source be automatically switched, or would I need to do this manually?
It was answered on the previous page...

Reactions: DRC
Hello @WiiM Support !

I believe it should do this

I know it will have a high and low pass, it has to have - it's a digital crossover, what I mean is the pdf manual doesn't really explain how to physically connect your subwoofer.

What choice do you want, to adjust the rolloff?
???
that there is a choice... that s not so simple...
that's still the point of playing with the dsp..
(and as it stands, if I understand correctly, the current bias is not explained)

???
that there is a choice... that s not so simple...
that's still the point of playing with the dsp..
(and as it stands, if I understand correctly, the current bias is not explained)
Why don't you ever just say what you mean or what you want? Is it that hard?
What choices for the crossover do you actually want?

Why don't you ever just say what you mean or what you want? Is it that hard?
What choices for the crossover do you actually want?
I don't understand...I said that the choice between the different orders is offered... ( and perhaps in linkwitz Riley often a good choise with subwoofer)

""Crossovers are described as having an 'order', 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd and 4th. The number denotes the strength of the filter, with 1st being the weakest and 4th the strongest. ""

I don't understand...I said that the choice between the different orders is offered... ( and perhaps in linkwitz Riley often a good choise with subwoofer)

""Crossovers are described as having an 'order', 1st order, 2nd order, 3rd and 4th. The number denotes the strength of the filter, with 1st being the weakest and 4th the strongest. ""
Fair enough, you did say that earlier.

The mini dsp has tremendous flexibility to adjust crossover, slope, timing, gain it just so many tweaks to tailor the sound.

I saw someone on the audio science review thread say they read the analog in could be switched to be used as an analog out to make the wiim amp a preamp... Does anyone know anything about this claim??

Back