WiiM Amp

I read the entire thread but couldn't find the answer.
Can the volume be controlled only by TV remote ? TV has HDMI ARC CEC and I would prefer not to have to use 2 remotes.
It seems not to be CEC compatible, meaning it will not automatically power on and off according to TV power statuts, right ?
Btw, do you think it's powerfull enough to drive a pair of Triangle Borea BR09 (92.5 dB/W/m)?
I'd need to double check, but yes the tv remote controls its volume. As I recall, I switched back to another source without turning off my tv first, and my tv remote controlled the WiiM. Should have checked CEC and power though - will try and do that soon.

Or maybe just look at the technical spec here? ;) It’s an ES9018.

You know of course the colour of the item helps with the sound :)

So today is official launch date with blog PR post and several PR articles popping up.

Is he (Darko) saying the rca outputs can be used as a sub output hat is crossed over with the speakers? that would be useful with any other amp as well. If you can simultaneously use RCA and s/pdif. It would probably no longer be bit perfect though.

Is he (Darko) saying the rca outputs can be used as a sub output hat is crossed over with the speakers? that would be useful with any other amp as well. If you can simultaneously use RCA and s/pdif. It would probably no longer be bit perfect though.
There aren't any RCA outputs.

I know WiiM have been mooting that for a few months given requests here on the forum, but I guess we'll need to wait for new firmware and a new app to exploit that

I know WiiM have been mooting that for a few months given requests here on the forum, but I guess we'll need to wait for new firmware and a new app to exploit that
Yeah because right now I have to select optical, coaxial or RCA. No option to enable more than one at the same time.

TBH, I can't recall if it was the Amp or my speakers that needed these - one end's connectors were slightly wider and the banana plugs I had were a bit loose, but these were a good fit for both. On reflection, maybe it was the speaker end...

Back