WiiM Amp

It was mentioned it has low pass but if they can include a high pass I could stop using mini dsp.

I will wait till it become part of sale to the rest of the product.
I have been waiting so long that I could not wait any longer.
"Just take my money." It will arrive Friday.
I am SURE that I will derive enough enjoyment from the device to more than make up the difference in price between now and then.

Last edited:
You have the unit, can you tell us how it sound?
Like all things, it's very dependant on the speakers you use with it, your room acoustics, preferences and hearing etc. I've been using it off and on in a relatively small room with speakers from a Denon mini system as well as in a slightly larger room with my much better Linn M109 speakers. I find it eminently listenable in both setups, but of course more so with the better speakers. My sonic vocabulary doesn't extend much beyond that (drum me out of the hi fi brownies ;) ) but I can say it does have a slightly glassier, more brittle sound at higher volumes compared to my usual amp which cost ten times as much, so maybe no surprise there.

Last edited:
‘The new streaming amplifier takes the WiiM Pro Plus as its foundation – a hi-res capable AKM-based DAC circuit’
Quote: "The subwoofer output on the back of the WiiM AMP has seen Linkplay’s app developers add a bass management pane to the WiiM Home app. From there, we choose the subwoofer’s crossover frequency but also gain and phase (the latter two features are yet to be found in BluOS). And yes, Linkplay’s underlying DSP also high-pass filters the loudspeaker outputs to take the low bass burden away from a 2-way loudspeaker’s mid-bass driver. None of this is in the press release though — I had to ask WiiM about it directly.
Also not in the press release is another very clever piece of wizardry (if it comes off): the aforementioned bass management pane will show up in the WiiM Home app for WiiM Pro and Pro Plus users. Connect either streamer’s pre-amplifier outputs to an adapter and then to the subwoofer, sync its streaming zone with the WiiM AMP and presto: wireless subwoofer integration
"

He's wrong about it being an AKM based DAC though, it's an ESS9018.

@Smartplug - guess that answers your query re high pass filters :)

Last edited:
I read the entire thread but couldn't find the answer.
Can the volume be controlled only by TV remote ? TV has HDMI ARC CEC and I would prefer not to have to use 2 remotes.
It seems not to be CEC compatible, meaning it will not automatically power on and off according to TV power statuts, right ?
Btw, do you think it's powerfull enough to drive a pair of Triangle Borea BR09 (92.5 dB/W/m)?

I read the entire thread but couldn't find the answer.
Can the volume be controlled only by TV remote ? TV has HDMI ARC CEC and I would prefer not to have to use 2 remotes.
It seems not to be CEC compatible, meaning it will not automatically power on and off according to TV power statuts, right ?
Btw, do you think it's powerfull enough to drive a pair of Triangle Borea BR09 (92.5 dB/W/m)?
I'd need to double check, but yes the tv remote controls its volume. As I recall, I switched back to another source without turning off my tv first, and my tv remote controlled the WiiM. Should have checked CEC and power though - will try and do that soon.

Or maybe just look at the technical spec here? ;) It’s an ES9018.

You know of course the colour of the item helps with the sound :)

So today is official launch date with blog PR post and several PR articles popping up.

Is he (Darko) saying the rca outputs can be used as a sub output hat is crossed over with the speakers? that would be useful with any other amp as well. If you can simultaneously use RCA and s/pdif. It would probably no longer be bit perfect though.

Is he (Darko) saying the rca outputs can be used as a sub output hat is crossed over with the speakers? that would be useful with any other amp as well. If you can simultaneously use RCA and s/pdif. It would probably no longer be bit perfect though.
There aren't any RCA outputs.

Back