WiiM Amp

Is he (Darko) saying the rca outputs can be used as a sub output hat is crossed over with the speakers? that would be useful with any other amp as well. If you can simultaneously use RCA and s/pdif. It would probably no longer be bit perfect though.
I know WiiM have been mooting that for a few months given requests here on the forum, but I guess we'll need to wait for new firmware and a new app to exploit that

I know WiiM have been mooting that for a few months given requests here on the forum, but I guess we'll need to wait for new firmware and a new app to exploit that
Yeah because right now I have to select optical, coaxial or RCA. No option to enable more than one at the same time.

TBH, I can't recall if it was the Amp or my speakers that needed these - one end's connectors were slightly wider and the banana plugs I had were a bit loose, but these were a good fit for both. On reflection, maybe it was the speaker end...

Quote: "The subwoofer output on the back of the WiiM AMP has seen Linkplay’s app developers add a bass management pane to the WiiM Home app. From there, we choose the subwoofer’s crossover frequency but also gain and phase (the latter two features are yet to be found in BluOS). And yes, Linkplay’s underlying DSP also high-pass filters the loudspeaker outputs to take the low bass burden away from a 2-way loudspeaker’s mid-bass driver. None of this is in the press release though — I had to ask WiiM about it directly.
Also not in the press release is another very clever piece of wizardry (if it comes off): the aforementioned bass management pane will show up in the WiiM Home app for WiiM Pro and Pro Plus users. Connect either streamer’s pre-amplifier outputs to an adapter and then to the subwoofer, sync its streaming zone with the WiiM AMP and presto: wireless subwoofer integration
"

He's wrong about it being an AKM based DAC though, it's an ESS9018.

@Smartplug - guess that answers your query re high pass filters :)
You have the wiim amp, does it show the high pass filter on wiim app? Can you please take a picture of the wiim app?

Does the WiiM Amp -- like Pro and Pro Plus -- support LMS (squeezelite) streaming protocol? Thanks.

Back