WiiM Amp

Am I seeing déjà vu now? 😂

By the way, is the HDMI arc of the WiiM amp audio input only?
Is it technically possible to support video output? 🤔
(e.g. playing a music video through the WiiM app)

Am I seeing déjà vu now? 😂

By the way, is the HDMI arc of the WiiM amp audio input only?
Is it technically possible to support video output? 🤔
(e.g. playing a music video through the WiiM app)

Few things mixed up here maybe? ARC stands for audio return channel, so the Amp only gets fed and hence only supports audio, not video. Yes, you can have a video playing on your TV, but it’s only the audio that is then fed to the Amp’s HDMI ARC input.

The use of the WiiM app is entirely separate and I don‘t believe it can access video files and extract just the audio to play on a WiiM device - I think this question has turned up frequently in a slightly different guise re casting from the YouTube app

Last edited:
Short question: If one ignores all the streaming capabilities and the setup procedure, will it work as an amplifier only when connecting f.e. a CD player?
No "why" please 😉
Answered the question myself. Switched off wifi in my room and only connected the item to power. Bluetooth for the remote is not available without pairing via the app. So a streamer with an amp. Not an amp 😂😂

Few things mixed up here maybe? ARC stands for audio return channel, so the Amp only gets fed and hence only supports audio, not video. Yes, you can have a video playing on your TV, but it’s only the audio that is then fed to the Amp’s HDMI ARC input.

The use if the WiiM app is entirely separate and I don‘t believe it can access video files and extract just the audio to play on a WiiM device - I think this question has turned up frequently in a slightly different guise re casting from the YouTube app

Thank you. I understood. 😊

Forgive me for one more embarrassing question.
The WiiM AMP is listed as "Alexa built-in". Is this different from other WiiM products (Work with Alexa)? Or is it practically the same?

Thank you. I understood. 😊

Forgive me for one more embarrassing question.
The WiiM AMP is listed as "Alexa built-in". Is this different from other WiiM products (Work with Alexa)? Or is it practically the same?
The same as far as I can see - it appears in the Alexa app like the others, and you can access Alexa via the remote’s mic the same as the others.

It’s a pet peeve of mine when people talk about their “alexas“ when they mean echo devices. There’s only one Alexa (well, if you discount its regional variations/instances) and amazon owns that ;)

The anthropomorphism of a cloud service is my other pet peeve 😜😂
My wife is hosting our local Bossel team right now, so one or another beer came to me and I am absolutely not capable any longer to pronounce or at least reading this a... word 😇

What I can say right now is that the package and the haptic of the item is first class. 😉
What seems to be a real thing is this static issue. You know what I mean, even coming near to the box you feel something in the fingertips?
I will check that also of course and may be you know, that we have this 2 pole Schuko system with mass or earth at the side of the sockets. So very often the phase is responsible for such phenomenons. Will check this. If it is really not related to this "phasing" it would be a great issue for me.

Last edited:
Back