WiiM Amp

Few things mixed up here maybe? ARC stands for audio return channel, so the Amp only gets fed and hence only supports audio, not video. Yes, you can have a video playing on your TV, but it’s only the audio that is then fed to the Amp’s HDMI ARC input.

The use if the WiiM app is entirely separate and I don‘t believe it can access video files and extract just the audio to play on a WiiM device - I think this question has turned up frequently in a slightly different guise re casting from the YouTube app

Thank you. I understood. 😊

Forgive me for one more embarrassing question.
The WiiM AMP is listed as "Alexa built-in". Is this different from other WiiM products (Work with Alexa)? Or is it practically the same?

Thank you. I understood. 😊

Forgive me for one more embarrassing question.
The WiiM AMP is listed as "Alexa built-in". Is this different from other WiiM products (Work with Alexa)? Or is it practically the same?
The same as far as I can see - it appears in the Alexa app like the others, and you can access Alexa via the remote’s mic the same as the others.

It’s a pet peeve of mine when people talk about their “alexas“ when they mean echo devices. There’s only one Alexa (well, if you discount its regional variations/instances) and amazon owns that ;)

What I can say right now is that the package and the haptic of the item is first class. 😉
What seems to be a real thing is this static issue. You know what I mean, even coming near to the box you feel something in the fingertips?
I will check that also of course and may be you know, that we have this 2 pole Schuko system with mass or earth at the side of the sockets. So very often the phase is responsible for such phenomenons. Will check this. If it is really not related to this "phasing" it would be a great issue for me.
of course.... it's a really big problem...
everything that has been encountered until now has been completely anecdotal in comparison

Since 10:41 AM I have pictures in front of my inner eyes...
One of a beautiful baroque and sexy 2238 and one of a post modern functional WiiM AMP.
Difficult to decide 😉
Yes, difficult to decide. I will buy the WiiM Amp and compare to my setup.

The thing is, right now I have a WiiM Mini into an SMSL SU-6 as well as the TV connected via variable Line Out plus Turntable connected to a Marantz 2238B which has a t.racks DSP 4x4Mini inserted via PRE-OUT/MAIN-IN.

The WiiM Amp would make the Mini+SU6 obsolete and provide a digital input for the TV which allows Volume management via TV remote. And I assume I would not even need the DSP anymore with 4 or more PEQ filters available. I would just need a pre-amp for my turntable.

You can always point it the way you want and change volume in the app ;)

@WiiM Support Are there any plans to share when the Amp will be available in Germany/EU?

Additionaly what someone mentioned earlier a volume gain setting per input would be really helpful for using the device for TV and streaming music. I will return my NAD M10 because of this issue and might switch to the Wiim Amp.

Back