WiiM Amp

That's disappointing. Not like Amazon to give you a delivery date then push it back
It should be delivered today but last night I got email saying new delivery date. Wiim can’t produce them with large volume as the demand is sky high.

I am all but not an Amazon user, but everyone I asked about given delivery dates was absolutely pleased with it. Strange..

Any Solid UK Availability Dates ? - Looking to hook one up to my Q acoustics 3020i that I purchased as a desktop system - just wished it had asynchronous USB straight from my Mac - I was going to pull the trigger on a Mission 778x but will plump for this (y)

Any Solid UK Availability Dates ? - Looking to hook one up to my Q acoustics 3020i that I purchased as a desktop system - just wished it had asynchronous USB straight from my Mac - I was going to pull the trigger on a Mission 778x but will plump for this (y)
Nothing definite - 'closer towards the end of Dec' is the latest I've been told

Here is the status quo on the website of one of the biggest German shops.
Expected delivery date "end of February (2024)".

IMG_2211.jpeg

Last edited:
I wonder what the issue is - is it just that they can’t supply the demand or if there are still initial issues they are sorting out?
IIRC other Wiim products have been supply constrained at the start, and Europe is the last in line to get initial stocks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if demand has been higher than they'd anticipated, though- it's had a lot of coverage, almost universally positive, and as a category, the all-in-one system is much more accessible than separate streamers.

Personally I find it at least remarkable that all over Europe no deliveries take place.
My position is, staying with Amazon as the most likely biggest selling point: There are professional on both ends. WiiM/Linkplay and Amazon.
If Amazon is so safe to give a dedicated delivery date which as he wrote f.e. @Smartplug got they will surely not get into such a trap. Exploding numbers of purchasers? WiiM is for sure a very big success, but they are still in ranges which can be calculated. Surprised by too much orders? May be an explanation for one or another couch businessman here. "I hear the message well but lack Faith's constant trust." 😉

Last edited:
here you are on the "wiim forum" , english language...
a huge world success which means that they cannot provide and we have already sold everything?
how many people outside of the people who received reviews for testing have them and can talk about them here?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t mind the delay if they worked on the USB making it asynchronous for direct hook up to a Mac - Bluesound did this exact thing with the Node 130 - via a firmware update a year after its release

IIRC other Wiim products have been supply constrained at the start, and Europe is the last in line to get initial stocks. I wouldn't be at all surprised if demand has been higher than they'd anticipated, though- it's had a lot of coverage, almost universally positive, and as a category, the all-in-one system is much more accessible than separate streamers.
My gut feeling is this too - looks like they conservatively estimate the size of the initial production run taking into account the likely uptake. Once that hits their prime market (the USA as is often the case) and they have confirmation of demand, they then ramp up subsequent runs. As you say, the Pro was the same this time last year.

I don’t think they’re alone in being tardy getting stuff to the UK/EU - I don’t know if certification, regulations or market conditions etc are more difficult there than in the USA.

On the plus side, we’ll have forgotten about the delay in a month or so’s time. Hopefully.

Next on the agenda will be how long will it be before it’s Roon Ready ;)

My honest hope is really that the delay is due to regulations, technical or market related! And getting a safe product should make the waiting time less annoying.

My gut feeling is this too - looks like they conservatively estimate the size of the initial production run taking into account the likely uptake. Once that hits their prime market (the USA as is often the case) and they have confirmation of demand, they then ramp up subsequent runs. As you say, the Pro was the same this time last year.

I don’t think they’re alone in being tardy getting stuff to the UK/EU - I don’t know if certification, regulations or market conditions etc are more difficult there than in the USA.

On the plus side, we’ll have forgotten about the delay in a month or so’s time. Hopefully.

Next on the agenda will be how long will it be before it’s Roon Ready ;)
My back of an envelope calculations, if wait times for Roon were the same for the Pro Plus and the Amp as for the Pro, were March '24 for the Pro Plus and July for the Amp.

Obviously one would hope that that's not going to be the case, but I did cancel my preorder for two amps on the basis that I can get them when they're Roon Ready. Patience being a virtue and all that…

Edit: I definitely checked before posting but that's aged like milk...

Last edited:
Where can I find a review of how the amp actually sounds? I see bits and pieces but not much discussion about sound quality,
I really am counting on it being pretty decent.

Back