WiiM Amp

Agree on the last point. But it doesn’t make sense to lock in a low pass for the sub-out at the same frequency and the speaker-out high pass. Some people may prefer to send a full range signal to their sub and use its built in low pass filter. People may be able to better integrate their sub if the high and low pass filter frequencies can be set differently.
I'm definitely one of them and submitted this as a feature request. Hope that more people can submit this as a feature request to make it on their overall plan. Hope there aren't too many issues/bugs left to fix and they have time for new features.

All the feature requests will help their product development team enormously for the next WiiM amp!

Agree on the last point. But it doesn’t make sense to lock in a low pass for the sub-out at the same frequency and the speaker-out high pass. Some people may prefer to send a full range signal to their sub and use its built in low pass filter. People may be able to better integrate their sub if the high and low pass filter frequencies can be set differently.
I might be persuaded to request this if I fully understood what the benefits would be.
Would it allow more control over the transition from speaker to sub?

First of all, I'm not against the idea of setting up separate high-pass and low-pass settings. 🙂

However, I find the built-in low-pass filter of many subwoofers difficult to set accurately. For example, my sub uses a dial knob to set the low pass, but it's very difficult to set it exactly at 63dB. 😂

I'm definitely one of them and submitted this as a feature request. Hope that more people can submit this as a feature request to make it on their overall plan. Hope there aren't too many issues/bugs left to fix and they have time for new features.

All the feature requests will help their product development team enormously for the next WiiM amp!
Mini dsp has both high and low pass filter plus different slope like linkwitz or butter worth to name a few.

The amp is build is 2024/01/04 (accoring to the app).
This is actually the firmware build date.

I believe the amp build date can be deduced from the serial number (on the sticker on the bottom of the amp and the side of the box).
Mine starts with "P1TF2350" followed by 5 more digits and I think it means it was manufactured during week 50 of 2023. And it's a PCB_version 4 according to the HTTP API.

The Amp I received and sent back was P1TF2350 and had a humming noise. Seems like the problem was not limited to the first batch.

Maybe I was too alert because of the reports. Does the PCB5 Version make any noise after connecting it to the power? Or is it completely silent?

I don't think pcb version necessary relates to the coil whine fix, it might as well be fixed by changing faulty components (with others using the same footprint), or improving the manufacturing process, while keeping the same PCB.
Mine it also from 2350 (december 11 to 17) and it's around the same time I think I've read the first reports of this issue

I don't think pcb version necessary relates to the coil whine fix, it might as well be fixed by changing faulty components (with others using the same footprint), or improving the manufacturing process, while keeping the same PCB.
Mine it also from 2350 (december 11 to 17) and it's around the same time I think I've read the first reports of this issue
not really..
Thread 'My WiiM Amp tests' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-wiim-amp-tests.1873/

(like darko review, static problem... november too
Thread 'My WiiM Amp experience' https://forum.wiimhome.com/threads/my-wiim-amp-experience.1931/)

Last edited:
Yes, put your headphones into pairing mode, then set the Amp's audio output to Bluetooth
Thank you very much..hopefully it will be possible to select different codecs. I have an Dali headphone wich support APTX, APTXHD. But if not i will use AAC..glad its possible.
The codec is not always so important there is more..

Last edited:
My Amp seems to be stuck when updating...
I've rebooted it and rebooted the router...
It says current version is........132
update says.......132?
But upgrading gets stuck on update device page

Screenshot_20240115_143536_WiiM Home.jpg

Screenshot_20240115_143948_WiiM Home.jpg

I’m having a similar issue with my Pro Plus trying to update to 604351 - it varies between telling me an update is available, the says it’s uodated but to its existing version, or it tries to update but never starts the download, or complains it’s failed and can’t find the device. I rebooted and factory reset it and then added it back, but still the same. Maybe they’re having a glitch with their update service. I’m going to leave it a day or so to see if it resolves itself.

Maybe its a server issue. I have the same problem right now. Got the update, but after a while on the update screen it says "device not found, update already installed".
After a restart I am offered the same update again.

Back