WiiM Amp

May I ask here something about banana plugs?
Received my wiimamp today.
Also ordered banana plugs.
But as I see it they seem to big for the speaker inputs.
Can it be the Banana plugsare to big?
The brand is for kabel direct..
To my they seem to big I'm not sure.

Had the same issue. Just use some tonga and squeeze the tip a little bit.

I had the same issue with regular banana plugs on the speakers end, I had to push really hard on the first insertion.
Maybe BFA plugs are less rigid and easier to insert.
For the Amp, I got this kind, and didn't have issues: https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/S4a0fd108ffb24975a66ac165940bb309y.jpg
The question being: which one provides the largest contact surface? Probably BFA, but they're also the thinnest, so I was afraid they would easily break

I use a set of these. They work well and the tightness can be adjusted.

I use a set of these. They work well and the tightness can be adjusted.
Thank you very much. I Squeezed them( Kabel direct banana plugs) and now they fit.

Hopefully i may ask another question here..its about the set up of the WIIMamp...when i connect the amp to an ethernet does the app automatically recognize i,ve connected the amp to an wired connection?
Thanks in advance for you,re reply.

Hopefully i may ask another question here..its about the set up of the WIIMamp...when i connect the amp to an ethernet does the app automatically recognize i,ve connected the amp to an wired connection?
Yes, my amp is connected to the gateway provided by my internet service provider via an ethernet cable, and my smartphone is associated to the wifi network provided by the same gateway, I didn't have to do anything else to set up the amp, I don't think my phone ever connected to an ad-hoc or direct wifi network, and wifi is currently disabled in the wiim amp config.

Thank you very much. I Squeezed them( Kabel direct banana plugs) and now they fit.

Thanks in advance for you,re reply.
Once you launch WiiM Home on your phone make sure that the device is connected to the same local network as your WiiM Amp. In this case you should see the WiiM Amp automatically appearing in the "Device" page of the app.
I have your same network configuration and that's what happened to me.

New member and amp owner here. Had it for almost a week now and yesterday it updated to latest firmware (5.0.604458) but I’m not sure about the heat. It get warm in standby mode 42 Celsius according to our temp (suitable for humans). Is this normal temp in standby mode?

Like you, my Wiim Amp arrived a week ago. I spent time yesterday with new Wiim Home App version 2.8.0 which wouldn’t communicate with the Wiim Amp. Today updated to latest firmware through Ethernet connection (5.0.604458) and updated Wiim Apps on iPhone and iPad to 2.8.1. Had to go through a factory reset to get back on WiFi but seems to be running OK with automatic switching to HDMI when I turn on the TV. I’ve just checked temperature in standby - mine is barely warm, maybe 25°. Actually just checked by pressing a meat thermometer to the centre of the case top and measured 29° where the room is 21°.

Last edited:
Yes, my amp is connected to the gateway provided by my internet service provider via an ethernet cable, and my smartphone is associated to the wifi network provided by the same gateway, I didn't have to do anything else to set up the amp, I don't think my phone ever connected to an ad-hoc or direct wifi network, and wifi is currently disabled in the wiim amp config.
Set went fine thank you Musig fir you're reply too.
I've tried my Wiimamp now for a couple of hours with Spotify.

I am very very pleased with my Wiimamp.
Excellent sound..😮☺️☺️
Just tried it for a couple of hours but for the short experience I am very happy with it.☺️☺️☺️👍
Setup went easy..
Such an excellent product..thanks Wiim..go on like this.

I use the same plugs. Wrap a bit of cloth around them and squeeze them with your fingers or with a wrench. Just a bit. Then, you can put them into the socket (might use a bit of pressure the first time). Was the same for my speakers and a loxje dac but it works fine.

Does anyone know if output of internal dac and input of amplifier are differential?

Things really do move fast in the world of Wiim. I just recently purchased the Wiim Pro Plus, when my Chromecast Audio (connected to my Denon DRA-F107DAB receiver via a Fiio D3 DAC) gave in. Needless to say the sound quality upgrade has been significant. Now that the Wiim Amp is out, I am wondering if I should upgrade from the Wiim Pro Plus to the Wiim Amp. But how good is the Wiim Amp as an amplifier/receiver compared to my old DRA-F107, which I know is very basic? My guess would be that I would benefit from this much newer and better amp in the Wiim Amp. Any thoughts on this? Have not been able to find any reviews where a basic old midi amp like mine is compared to the Wiim Amp.
Anyone else care to weigh in on this, please do :)
In your opinion would the WiiM Amp give me a better result than my current WiiM Pro Plus connected to my Denon DRA-F107?

no
in any case..it is possibly you who could answer this question after a direct comparison in your own conditions... as a reminder the type of amplification of the amp corresponds to modules costing around 30 dollars ...

(I imagine that the speakers are consistent with the Denon)

Last edited:
unless you find someone with the same musical tastes etc.. only you will be able to answer your question.. the rest will just be blabla

Back