WiiM Amp

I think the 9018 is good enough for this amp. The balance between price and performance is very good. 😊
Is the reason for changing from AKM to ESS "SW out"? (9018 is 8ch.)

Newest arcam st5 streamer that was just released uses 9018 . Mission 778x the same .But again it is how it is implemented . I think it is a tried and tested chip .

There is nothing wrong with 3W of standby power for me. It's the same as my YAMAHA AVR.

Maybe when the TV sends a signal to the HDMI of the WiiM amp, the amp automatically wakes up and plays audio? In other words, is there no need for troublesome input switching?
Hi Wiimer,

You are right. The WiiM Amp is designed to automatically detect any HDMI signal and seamlessly switch to HDMI mode on its own. This means there's no need for you to manually select the HDMI mode – the WiiM Amp takes care of it for you, ensuring a hassle-free and streamlined user experience. Thank you!

Hi Wiimer,

You are right. The WiiM Amp is designed to automatically detect any HDMI signal and seamlessly switch to HDMI mode on its own. This means there's no need for you to manually select the HDMI mode – the WiiM Amp takes care of it for you, ensuring a hassle-free and streamlined user experience. Thank you!
Hi, @WiiM Support.

Thank you.😉
In that regard, the WiiM amp is better than my AVR. AVR cannot auto-switch between HDMI and SPDIF. I was planning to use the WiiM amp for my third system, but it might be promoted to the first. 😊

@Achim1811,
My Dac is also not good at holding back. 😁

How does it sound?
As I posted earlier, I’ve had to be away from home for a few days at least so while I have internet, I don’t have my WiiM toys to play with :(

Hopefully I’ll be back home next week and get a chance to run it through its paces then - can’t come quick enough tbh…

Just read a little bit more about EU laws and standby power regulation :LOL:
Seems like Sonos is simply declaring, that their devices can not have a standby mode:

https://www.sonos.com/pdfs/legal-warranty/legal-warranty-information.pdf said:
Due to the high network availability requirements of the SonosNet mesh network,
Sonos players do not have a standby or off mode other than removing the power cord from the
AC mains.

As I posted earlier, I’ve had to be away from home for a few days at least so while I have internet, I don’t have my WiiM toys to play with :(

Hopefully I’ll be back home next week and get a chance to run it through its paces then - can’t come quick enough tbh…
Thanks, this will give an insight what would be the sound signature.

There is the inherent load dependency issues with the TPA3255, but at least the Wiim Amp has EQ to correct this if you can hear that high in the frequency range.
I'm sure to anybody over 30 years of age it will be essentially transparent to the source (hopefully).

Back