WiiM Pro Firmware v4.8.628343 Update - Sep 6, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Pro update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

4.8.628343 (In Progress)

Release date:
9 / 4 / 2024
What's New:
  1. Playback Improvements:
- Resolve issues with Amazon Music, including skipping during playback and inability to start playback.
- Correct metadata now displays when seeking frequently.
- Resolve an issue preventing Audible Books from playing through Alexa.
- Fix playback issues with certain M3U8 formats.
- Address occasional Bluetooth playback crashes.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Roon Ready Metadata: Fix an issue where playing Radio via Roon Ready did not display the correct metadata.
  2. DLNA Playback Enhancement: Correct an issue that caused tracks to be skipped during DLNA playback via Bubble UPnP.
  3. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Hi, with this update I have lost the parametric EQ setting for left and right channels individually
Hi @Luckey
The same horrible thing has happened to me too. ☹️ 😣😣
Let's hope they fix it quickly. I had made a RC for the left and right channels that worked like a charm. Much better than the Stereo EQ.
Luckily in my iPad the possibility to choose Stereo or L+R is still present. I will be careful not to update the App for IOS;)

Hi @Luckey
The same horrible thing has happened to me too. ☹️ 😣😣
Let's hope they fix it quickly. I had made a RC for the left and right channels that worked like a charm. Much better than the Stereo EQ.
Luckily in my iPad the possibility to choose Stereo or L+R is still present. I will be careful not to update the App for IOS;)
My Android app was fine before the Firmware update so it looks like a glitch on Android. I'll check my iPad to see if that still has it.

Update. My iPad is OK (app version 2.11.1) but it's missing from my Android (app version 2.11.5). Well worth raising a ticket if you use it.

Last edited:
My Android app was fine before the Firmware update so it looks like a glitch on Android. I'll check my iPad to see if that still has it.

Update. My iPad is OK (app version 2.11.1) but it's missing from my Android (app version 2.11.5). Well worth raising a ticket if you use it.
Hi @ABAstroUK
I have opened a ticket just a few minutes ago. I hope they will fix this issue on the fly. To listen to music i use my android tablet instead of Ipad, because i use Bubble UPnP and this App unfortunately is only for Android.
On IOS I have MConnect, but is far from Bubble.

Another problem encountered after update, if I start play music directly from the app (spotify, tidal) and after starting the wiim app it no longer shows me what it is playing but is empty

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908-140950_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908-140950_WiiM Home.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_20240908-141534_WiiM Home.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908-141534_WiiM Home.jpg
    447 KB · Views: 16
Another problem encountered after update, if I start play music directly from the app (spotify, tidal) and after starting the wiim app it no longer shows me what it is playing but is empty
What version of the app and what o/s? It’s ok on iOS app version 2.11.5 and v2.11.4 on Android when casting from Spotify

Android, 2.11.5.24...; But I noticed that I have the problem when from the apps (spotify tidal) I choose my Denon as a listening device, which uses Heos, instead of wiim

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908-144444_Spotify.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908-144444_Spotify.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 16
Get used to it.
WiiM has given it, WiiM has taken it, the name of WiiM is praised.
(free adaption from Book Hiob: 1,20-22)

Likely they will solve the issue producing another one for others 😉

Android, 2.11.5.24...; But I noticed that I have the problem when from the apps (spotify tidal) I choose my Denon as a listening device, which uses Heos, instead of wiim
Where did you get 2.11.5.24... on Android? Mine is 2.11.4.24...

I see no impact on L/R eq after update, or am I missing something?1000000392.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_161710_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_161710_Google Play Store.jpg
    513.1 KB · Views: 23
Hi Team,

We have identified a bug in our Android app update released on September 6th that unintentionally removed the independent PEQ (Parametric Equalizer) feature. We sincerely apologize for this oversight.
Please rest assured that we are actively working to resolve the issue and will be reviewing our release process to prevent similar mistakes in the future.
Thank you for your understanding and patience as we address this matter.

Hi
Something came to mind. The Apps for IOS and Android are interconnected. If I change the curve, or a value of the curve on the IOS App, the same change is reflected on the Android App.
Well, in this particular moment where IOS has the PEQ per channel and Android does not, if I select L + R in IOS, what happens? 🤔 If I check on Android I see that only one of the two channels is selected. Of course, the PEQ per channel has disappeared, but in practice what am I listening to?
The EQ L + R selected on IOS or a single channel in stereo as seen in Android or nothing at all?🤔
Maybe it is better to completely disable the EQ until the defect is resolved?🤔

Hi
Something came to mind. The Apps for IOS and Android are interconnected. If I change the curve, or a value of the curve on the IOS App, the same change is reflected on the Android App.
Well, in this particular moment where IOS has the PEQ per channel and Android does not, if I select L + R in IOS, what happens? 🤔 If I check on Android I see that only one of the two channels is selected. Of course, the PEQ per channel has disappeared, but in practice what am I listening to?
The EQ L + R selected on IOS or a single channel in stereo as seen in Android or nothing at all?🤔
Maybe it is better to completely disable the EQ until the defect is resolved?🤔
I think it’s just a presentation glitch in Android and that your device will behave properly if you have made the changes in the iOS app.

Back