WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.626261 Update - Aug 14, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.626261 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 14 / 2024

What's New:

1. Playback Improvements:
- Fixed TIDAL playback skipping and stopping issues.
- Resolved Bluetooth playback distortion over long periods.
- Reduced playback latency by 100ms.

2. Screen Enhancements:
- Improved VU meter responsiveness.
- Fixed time display issue in the Mexico timezone.

Bug Fixes:

1. Bluetooth Enhancements: Resolved issue preventing switching to Bluetooth.
2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
No improvements on the chromecast issues?
Hi Bever70,

I’ll prioritize our team’s efforts to investigate the Chromecast issues. We are also collaborating with the Chromecast team to resolve the problems introduced by the new Castlite SDK. Thank you for your continued patience.

Updates:

Now, the Chromecast team is working with Plex to solve the Chromecast playback issue; we are waiting for their updates.

Last edited:
I was having an issue with hdmi on the Ultra and my LG TV (as outlined here - quoted below). This firmware update has now completely broken hdmi sound from my LG TV. It does not work at all, regardless of settings or reboots.

[#509303]

I am having issues with the HDMI ARC audio on my Ultra. I have an LG TV (43UM75000PLM). If I switch on my LG TV, it will boot on the WiiM Ultra. But the sound doesn't come on. The way I can kick it into working, is by opening the WiiM app and going to the 'audio input' menu, and flicking 'Auto Sensing of Optical and HDMI' from on to off and on again. The WiiM Ultra then will start picking up sound from the TV. I thought the issue might be my HDMI cable, so I upgraded to a 2.1 spec cable, and this made no difference to the issue. please let me know if this can be resolved.

Last edited:
I was having an issue with hdmi on the Ultra and my LG TV (as outlined here). This firmware update has now completely broken hdmi sound from my LG TV. It does not work at all, regardless of settings or reboots.
You can’t link to a ticket - they’re private to your email address

You should raise another ticket asap and include the number of your previous ticket and I’m sure WiiM will look into it again

Hi Bever70,

I’ll prioritize our team’s efforts to investigate the Chromecast issues. We are also collaborating with the Chromecast team to resolve the problems introduced by the new Castlite SDK. Thank you for your continued patience.

Updates:

Now, the Chromecast team is working with Plex to solve the Chromecast playback issue; we are waiting for their updates.
Thank you very much! Yes, the issue is mainly with Plex! When I chromecast from the Deezer streaming app, it seems to work faultless (allthough it's always resampled to 48 instead of 44.1). Much appreciated!

The VU meter is now better if you have fixed volume output:)
Applied the firmware last night, and the VU is still hovering at nearly full for nearly everything I'm playing.
Maybe it's what I'm playing that's the real problem!

Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.626261 (In Progress)

Release date:
8 / 14 / 2024

What's New:

1. Playback Improvements:
- Fixed TIDAL playback skipping and stopping issues.
- Resolved Bluetooth playback distortion over long periods.
- Reduced playback latency by 100ms.

2. Screen Enhancements:
- Improved VU meter responsiveness.
- Fixed time display issue in the Mexico timezone.

Bug Fixes:

1. Bluetooth Enhancements: Resolved issue preventing switching to Bluetooth.
2. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.
Hi Everyone,

Super happy with this last update. Playback stability is massively better, nearing on perfect (I use tidal and local NAS storage). Both play better after this update.

A reminder also to go to the Play store if you're using Android and get an updated app it did not update automatically but it has some great improvements primarily the way the volume is handled plus there's a volume level number next to each unit so you know exactly what all your volumes are without having to guess.

They also added the ability to mute inside of the now playing volume control which was not working before and that's a big help as well.

Hope everyone enjoys this new update as much as I am, WiiM Ultra is getting better by the day!!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, Team

We greatly appreciate your support in finding and testing these bugs. It's truly a community team effort. You and other community members play a crucial role in the success of WiiM products. Without your insightful feedback, we wouldn’t be where we are today. As always, we welcome your continued input to help us further enhance these products!

Hi,

I am using the current everything and my triggers are working correctly.

Sorry, I know it doesn't help.. :(
Jeff

Hi Jeff, Team

We greatly appreciate your support in finding and testing these bugs. It's truly a community team effort. You and other community members play a crucial role in the success of WiiM products. Without your insightful feedback, we wouldn’t be where we are today. As always, we welcome your continued input to help us further enhance these products!

Any news on enabling room correction for the sub?

There’s a subwoofer calibration toggle under room correction settings in my iPad app - is that what you mean?

That’s very strange. That didn’t used to be there, and you didn’t used to be able to use room correction on the sub.

WiiM said they’d include it in the next update, but since then I’ve checked the details of the updates but haven’t seen it mentioned. Maybe I missed it.

Many thanks.

Back