WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.628942 Update - Sep 9, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.628942(In Progress)

Release date:

9 / 10 / 2024

What's New:
  1. USB Indexing Enhancement: Resolve a file system issue that interrupted the USB scan process and improve the overall scan speed.
  2. Multi-Channel Audio Playback: Add support for 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio playback, which will be converted to stereo audio during playback.
  3. Screen Enhancements:
- Introduce management for paired Bluetooth input devices.
- Display current playback metadata in slave mode in real-time.
- Address various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.

Bug Fixes:
  1. Roon Ready Metadata: Fix an issue where playing Radio via Roon Ready did not display the correct metadata.
  2. Phono Input Enhancement: Ensured the Phono stage type is retained after reboot.
  3. DLNA Playback Enhancement: Correct an issue that caused tracks to be skipped during DLNA playback via Bubble UPnP.
  4. General Enhancements: Various bug fixes and performance improvements for a smoother experience.

Last edited:
Dope! I noticed that when I was poking around on a YouTube playlist of older 4 channel quadraphonic rips, the Ultra was detecting the Dolby AC3 encoding that the uploader encoded the video with for playback on a 5.1 system (before today). Only thing was that when switching between video that didn’t have this encoding, an audible click could be heard if the gain was turned up.

My guess is that the Ultra can act as an external decoder to playback the multi channel audio?

No update for me as yet guessing it’s a staged rollout

how to update the firmware if it is not updated automatically?
You go into device settings, device info, check for updates.

However, it's a rolling update and it may take a few days to get around to you.

Hi Team,

The firmware version 5.2.628942 is correct. We’re currently rolling it out in stages, so you should receive it within the next few days. Thank you for your patience!

1. DLNA Playback Enhancement: Correct an issue that caused tracks to be skipped during DLNA playback via Bubble UPnP.
On my iMac, I use JRiver Media Center (which uses DLNA) and when I first got the Ultra, and I clicked the WiiM Ulra button in JRiver, nothing happened. Two updates ago, it was fixed and when I clicked the WiiM DLNA button it immediatedly turned green (meaning it was ready). Then an update somehow put it back to not working again. The above update once again fixed whatever was wrong and it works again.

Strangely - this is only on my Macs. If I do the same thing on a Win 11 machine or a Raspi 5 - it works fine.

The HDMI input shows 48 kHz. Not LPCM with the usual resolution and bit rate.
Is that to be expected with this update?

I received an update. The USB input is not active now and before the update. I can't activate it. What could be the problem? If in the settings, where should I change the settings?

Back