WiiM Ultra Firmware v5.2.632547 Update - Oct 15, 2024

WiiM Team

Administrator
Staff member
Please review the WiiM Ultra update release notes below. If you encounter any issues, feel free to reach out to us.

5.2.632547(In Progress)

Release date:

10 / 15 / 2024

What's New:
  1. Chromecast Enhancements: Added bit-perfect playback support and reduced pop noise on Chromecast Audio.
  2. Control 4 Integration: Seamlessly integrate with Control4 systems for enhanced smart home control.
  3. USB Output Enhancement: Added support for multiple USB soundcards.
  4. USB Indexing Enhancement: Supports m3u and m3u8 playlist formats.
  5. Screen Enhancements:
    • Corrected metadata display issues for custom radio stations caused by special characters.
    • Corrected the default VU meter value when no content is playing.
    • Addressed various other screen issues for a smoother and more reliable experience.
Bug Fixes:
  1. Playback Enhancements:
    • Fixed an issue where playback could not resume after Wi-Fi reconnection.
    • Fixed an issue preventing Audible Books from playing through Alexa.
  2. HDMI Input Issue: Resolved an occasional no sound issue.
  3. Alarm Time Fix: Corrected rare incorrect alarm issue.
  4. Sync Audio Fix: Fixed an occasional error for Sync Audio.
  5. General Enhancements: Various performance improvements and bug fixes to enhance overall operation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious to hear from other Chromecast users :)
I'm probably grabbing an Ultra soon so great to see a possible fix for the various issues.

What does it mean if my update is ending in 46 and not 47? I ran the update and quickly checked the functionality and see some of the improvements, thank you Wiim.

Casting from Qobuz app to Ultra it’s now capable of casting up to 96kHz 24 bit. It appears that 192kHz is not supported; when casting a Qobuz 192kHz/24 the Qobuz app switches to 96kHz/24 bit.

Edit: The Qobuz 192kHz to 96kHz is a Qobuz restriction. Not able to test 192kHz otherwise.

Last edited:
Casting from Qobuz app to Ultra it’s now capable of casting up to 96kHz 24 bit. It appears that 192kHz is not supported; when casting a Qobuz 192kHz/24 the Qobuz app switches to 96kHz/24 bit.
So they finally fixed broken chromecast on this latest update? My experience on previous firmware there was a lag that once you click play it won’t play till after 12 seconds. It also disconnects in middle and can’t complete playing music. I may reactivate my qoboz account as soon I get the latest update. Thanks fellow wiim user for the information.

Did you check the Google Cast version? Is it still Google Cast 2.0?

I’m on a beta firmware version for my Ultra (the persistent group beta) so I won’t get this new version for a while. I wonder if it behaves itself with BubbleUPnP and Chromecast up to 24/192?
Don't know about BubbleUPnP when I Chromecast I see 96kHz 24 bit

Back